Founded in 2013, E2 Drives is an innovative start-up company active in electric mobility. The company is specialized in mechanics, electronics, electric motor and embedded control software. Recently, E2 Drives has developed a high-end and disruptive new generation of electric bikes. The key differentiator of the bike is its all-in-one drive unit integrating an electric assistance and an automatic gearbox.
E2 Drives’ ambition is to develop and commercialize the best electric bike on the market, in the commuting segment, with premium functions and an affordable price. The team is currently composed by 5 dynamic and entrepreneurial persons but will strongly grow this year.
E2 Drives, future top player of the electric bikes market, is based in Genval (South-East of Brussels).
In order to strengthen the team in Genval, we are looking for a (m/f):
Reporting to the CTO, you develop back-end web solution to manage on one hand all the data coming from the connected bikes and on the other hand to create all the back-end solution of our commercial website (broad in functions). Based on market feedbacks and best practices, you identify and implement the solution and technical upgrades for the back-end structure.
Your main responsibilities are:
- You lead the implementation of E2 Drives’ overall back-end architecture from scratch.
- You make well-considered choices with scalability/robustness/versatility in mind.
- You set up and improve quality guidelines.
- You are in charge of your own projects and collaborate within the IoT development team.
- You deal and share your choice with front-end subcontractors.
- You report work evolution on a regular basis.
- Master degree in engineering, IT, computer science, or equivalent through experience.
- You have at least 5 years of experience with modern back-end development (e.g. Ruby On Rails, Node.js, Python).
- Understand the importance of building structured code that is fast, reliable, robust and maintainable.
- Familiar with the state of the art of development: automated tests, code reviews, etc.
- Analytical, problem solving skills, rigorous, autonomous and results oriented.
- You had exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale (1k -> 100k req/s) web application.
- Fluent in French or in English.
- A challenging position within a high-potential innovative start-up.
- To join an electric bikes company with a worldwide ambition.
- The opportunity to work in a human-sized, dynamic and excellence-oriented environment.
- An attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and its context.
- The opportunity to be under payroll or as a self-employed through your management company.