Digital Orthopaedics is an innovative e-Health company providing a comprehensive Clinical Decision Support System (CDSS) for musculoskeletal pathologies, for the foot and ankle in particular.
Digital Orthopaedics’ ambition is to transform the planning and execution of orthopedic surgeries and treatment with the ultimate goal of personalizing orthopedic treatments through the innovative use of ideation, modeling and 3D simulation. The company lately got the CE Mark and is planning to commercialize its products in the coming 2 years.
The startup provides surgeons, patients, and medical devices companies with a state of the art CDSS to identify the optimal treatment and surgical therapeutic plan for each patient. Digital Orthopaedics’ solutions also assist medical device companies with a mechanism of virtual clinical studies for testing implants and prosthetic ankles.
With a team of around 20 passionate persons, Digital Orthopaedics is dedicated to improving patients treatment and outcome. Since 2016, teams of engineers and physicians have been working closely together to generate highly innovative solutions and results.
As part of the development of Digital Orthopaedics’ activities, we are actively looking for a (m/f):
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
As a Chief Executive Officer, your main objective is to efficiently develop the company’s growth and to lead the development and commercial phases and actions. You successfully close new financing rounds and help Digital Orthopaedics become one of the top players in this market.
The position’s main responsibilities are:
- Determine the company’s strategy and objectives on a commercial, financial, managerial and technical level, in consultation with the Board of Directors and the shareholders.
- Promote and execute the strategy with a focus on adding value for shareholders.
- Contribute to the definition of coherent and efficient go-to-market strategic and operational plan and play a major role in its execution.
- Propose and implement a market segmentation and product launch strategy.
- Develop a long term and a M&S portfolio strategy.
- Identify relevant collaborations and partnerships, licensing deals and business opportunities.
- Actively participate in the Board of Directors and chair the Executive Committee.
- Promote and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders.
- You have a Master’s degree or a PhD with a scientific, economic or commercial orientation. A MBA is an asset.
- You have at least 10 years’ experience in management positions in business development.
- You combine experience in successful start-up or early stage businesses with hands-on past experience at executive level in a healthcare/medtech business.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, and a proven track record of success in helping build businesses from start-ups or small business units into sustainable commercial operations.
- You take advantage of a well-connected professional network within the life sciences industry.
- You have experience of successful launches of new technologies.
- You fluently communicate in English and French.
- A challenging and leading position within a high-potential MedTech start-up.
- To join a e-Health company with a worldwide ambition.
- The opportunity to work in a human-sized, dynamic, respectful and professional environment.
- An attractive package in line with the position responsibilities and its context.