Founded in 2013, E2 Drives is an innovative start-up company active in electric mobility. The company is specialized in mechanics, electronics, electric motor and embedded control software. Recently, E2 Drives has developed a high-end and disruptive new generation of electric bikes. The key differentiator of the bike is its all-in-one drive unit integrating an electric assistance and an automatic gearbox.
E2 Drives’ ambition is to develop and commercialize the best electric bike on the market, in the commuting segment, with premium functions and an affordable price. The team is currently composed by 5 dynamic and entrepreneurial persons but will strongly grow this year.
E2 Drives, future top player of the electric bikes market, is based in Genval (South-East of Brussels).
In order to strengthen the team in Genval, we are looking for a (m/f):
Electronic Design and Manufacturing Engineer
Reporting to the CTO, you are in charge of the design and manufacturing of the electronic hardware of the bike. You meet the hardware manufacturing objectives by leading production partners, processes and costs.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Design of PCB (layout + schematic) with focus on power and analog functions.
- Coordinate and support production partners (EMS) during the pre- and mass-production phases.
- Review product designs for manufacturability, product improvement or cost reduction.
- In charge of the manufacturing planification of all PCBA’s.
- Design testing methods in order to assure product and process quality.
- Sourcing and evaluation of new production partners and suppliers.
- Prepare manufacturing documents.
- Report work evolution on a regular basis.
- Master in Electrical/Electronic Engineering (EE) or equivalent through experience.
- At least 3 years experience in PCB design and production subcontractor (EMS) management.
- Knowledge in power electronics and analog layout (understanding of the interference phenomena).
- Good knowledge of Altium with 4 layer boards.
- Attracted by working in a startup and by solving problems.
- Analytical mind, autonomous, proactive and result-oriented.
- Very good command of English. The command of French is a plus.
- A challenging position within a high-potential innovative start-up.
- To join an electric bikes company with a worldwide ambition.
- The opportunity to work in a human-sized, dynamic and excellence-oriented environment.
- An attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and its context.
- A full-time permanent contract.