SmartNodes is a Belgian innovative green-tech start-up active in the smart cities’ sustainable development.
Based in Liège, SmartNodes develops smart street lighting solutions based on high-tech controllers to power street lighting only in presence of road users. The measurement of traffic density and user speeds is used for road mobility and safety applications. By integrating environmental sensors, parking sensors, etc., SmartNodes’ public lighting network is becoming the driving force behind Smart City networks. Please visit www.smartnodes.be.
SmartNodes’ customers are cities, regions and distribution network companies, worldwide.
In order to develop its business, we are actively looking for a (m/f):
Field Application Engineer
As a Field Application Engineer, you are the technical contact point for customers in both pre- and after-sales operations. You maintain close contact with customers in order to fixe their technical issues and to identify technical upgrade and commercial opportunities.
Your main responsibilities are:
- You propose, with the support of the R&D organisation, the most suitable solution based on the customers’ specifications and expectations.
- You support customers with technical trainings.
- You closely follow-up and support customers during the installation phase and during evaluation periods on site.
- You participate to international trade shows, exhibitions and events with technical demos and papers.
- You write customer training and customer projects related notes.
- You report work evolution on a regular basis.
- Bachelor or Master degree in engineering, electronics or IT, or equivalent through experience.
- 0 to 3 years experience in the industry. Junior profiles applications are welcome.
- Good communication skills and the will to fix technical issues with customers.
- Self-motivated, hands on, results, rigorous and flexible.
- Prone to travel around 50% of your work time.
- Perfect command in spoken and written English and Dutch.
- Knowledge in spoken French and German is an asset.
- A diversified technical customer support position in a fast growing start-up.
- The opportunity to enter a sustainable development and green tech company.
- Varied contacts with professionals on an international scale.
- Significant learning and evolution opportunities.
- An attractive salary package coherent with your experience.