Minoryx (www.minoryx.com) is a clinical stage biotech company leading the development of new therapies for rare diseases affecting the central nervous system. The company is backed by strong international investors.
The company’s leading program is currently in an ongoing phase II/III clinical trial in EU and US, with results expected in 2020. In the upcoming months, Minoryx is planning to launch a clinical trial for a second orphan indication.
Founded in Spain, Minoryx is opening a subsidiary in Gosselies (Belgium). In order to strengthen the team in Belgium, we are currently looking for a (m/f):
As a Medical Director, you provide scientific support to the company as a whole and particularly to planned ongoing clinical research activities. You collaborate with an internal multidisciplinary team to successfully execute the company’s development program strategies and operations.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Provide medical expertise for project and study development.
- Write clinical trial materials, including trial synopsis and protocol.
- Monitor ongoing clinical studies for protocol adherence and safety.
- Contribute to and review documentation related to clinical trials (e.g. investigators brochures).
- Review clinical study reports designed by third parties.
- Screen information from journal publications and conference presentations for relevant developments in the company’s indications.
- Develop and maintain broad and deep relationships with external partners.
- MD, ideally in neurology or in neurosciences.
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in the pharmaceutical Industry, in hospitals or in biotech companies.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of GCP and regulations.
- Experience in clinical research in orphan indications or with brain imaging technologies is an asset.
- Strong collaboration, documentation and presentation skills.
- Flexibility, good time management, team-working skills, stress resistant, and ability to work proactively and independently.
- Well-developed communication skills, problem solving skills, creative and critical thinking.
- Fluent in English. A good command of French and/or Catalan is an asset.
- Prepared to travel to the Spanish site regularly, clinical investigational sites, conferences and meeting with regulators.
- An interesting position within a high-potential clinical stage biotech company.
- The opportunity to work in a human-sized and multicultural team environment.
- A variety of interesting contacts with international exposure.
- An attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience