As a global energy leader, Total is the fourth oil and gas company worldwide and a major player in low-carbon energies.
The Group operates in 130 countries and employs 98,000 people. Total explores for, produces, transforms, markets and distributes energy in a variety of forms, to serve the end customer.
Total’s strategy is to become the responsible energy major, providing affordable, reliable and clean energy to as many people as possible.
In order to strengthen the team in Antwerpen, we are actively looking for a (m/f) :
PLC and safety instrumented systems engineer
- Develop and realize soft- and hardware modifications on safety PLCs, non-safety PLCs, machine monitoring systems, industrial networks and SIS.
- Follow up and support the exploitation and maintenance works on PLCs, monitoring systems and industrial networks, including analysis of failures.
- Provide technical and general support to other departments on PLC systems, monitoring systems and SIS competence.
- Update periodically the long term capital investment plan, according life cycle of systems, to prevent obsoleteness.
- Develop projects up to +/- 500 k€ , including coordination of engineering phases, procurement of materials and services, coordination of project works, start-up, commissioning and training.
- Participate in large multidisciplinary projects, supporting development and realization of PLC aspects.
- Manage SIS technical data, including validation of safety test instructions and calculated SIL levels.
- Follow up support and spare parts contracts with third parties.
- Update and develop technical procedures.
- Take an active role in the international networks of Total.
- You are an engineer, or equivalent based on experience.
- You have expertise in:
- Classic instrumentation in a petrochemical environment.
- Development and troubleshouting of various PLC and monitoring systems (preferentially: Honeywell FSC / Safety Manager, Hima Himatrix / Hiquad, Schneider Modicon, Bently Nevada).
- Development and calculation of SIS (IEC61508, IEC61511).
- You are fluent in both Dutch and English.
- You demonstrate a high level of self-discipline, and have a high standard on quality and safety.
- You have a pragmatic and analytical approach.
- You are well organized and stress resilient.
- You are a good communicator and a team player, and can also work independently in a complex and fast changing environment.
- The opportunity to join an innovative and globally renowned industrial company.
- Development opportunities and a structured evolution plan.
- Professional and stimulating challenges.
- A competitive salary package, in line with your experience.