Caprion Biosciences is a contract research organisation with facilities in Montreal (Canada) and Gosselies (Belgium). Caprion Biosciences offers analytical services to biopharmaceutical companies ranging from mass spectrometry-based analytical services to the characterization of the human immune response in clinical samples.
Caprion Biosciences operates globally, with partners in North America, Europe and Asia, including large pharmaceutical companies and biotech companies.
In the context of its growing immune monitoring service offering in Gosselies (Belgium), we are looking for a (m/f):
Research Assistant – Flow Cytometry and Serology
Reporting to the Laboratory Manager and working closely with Principal Scientists, you work within a team focusing on the characterization of the cellular (ELISPOT and various flow cytometry assays such as phenotyping of PBMC, detection of intra-cellular cytokines, etc) and of the humoral (ELISA, Luminex, viral neutralization tests, etc) immune response.
Your tasks include :
- Perform immunoassays according to current standard operating procedures;
- Participate to the writing and/or to the review of method SOP and worksheets;
- Manage reagents inventories and orders;
- Participate to the technical management of the laboratory;
- Perform work according to internal quality standards, apply relevant Quality System procedures and participate to the continuous improvement of Quality documents;
- Attend relevant internal training activities;
- Depending on the experience level of the candidate, additional tasks may include:
- Act as a leader in the laboratory for specific studies;
- Work with the Principal Scientist to prepare experimental plans needed for the conduct of immune monitoring assays;
- Participate in the development and qualification/validation of complex methods;
- Participate in experiment planning and problem solving.
- You hold a bachelor degree or a master’s degree (or the equivalent) in a life science discipline such as biology, medical biology or biochemistry/biotechnology
- You demonstrate a relevant laboratory experience.
- You have theoretical and practical knowledge of techniques related to cellular and humoral immunology. Experience in cell culture and handling infectious materials in BL2+ environment is an asset.
- You demonstrate excellent organisational skills.
- You demonstrate schedule adaptability and flexibility.
- You are willing to actively participate to the generation, the implementation and the continuous improvement of laboratory processes.
- You are willing to work in a Quality environment (ISO17025, GCLP, GMP) and apply good documentation procedures (GDP).
- You are functional in French (spoken and written) and have a functional knowledge of written English. Knowledge spoken English is an asset.
- Diversified tasks and responsibilities and interesting projects.
- A professional, dynamic and stimulating work environment.
- Continous training and development opportunities.
- A competitive salary package including benefits, adapted to your experience and the context.
- Full time permanent contract, with possibility of rapid start.