Created in 2011, Aperam is a leading global stainless steel and specialty steel producer with key industrial facilities located in France, Belgium, Germany and Brazil. Aperam is successfully implementing a strategy based on operational efficiency and innovation in their products and services.
Aperam products are sold in over 40 countries to customers in the aerospace, automotive, medical, construction, household appliances, catering and industrial processes industries.
In 2017, Aperam employed about 9,600 people with a turnover of $5.051 million.
In order to join its global purchasing platform in Genk (BE), in Châtelet (BE) or in Isbergues (FR), we are looking for a (m/f):
Lead Buyer – Industrial Services
The Global Purchasing Platform of Aperam regroups all the non-raw material purchasing community of the group and has the prime mission to leverage its >1 BUSD spend across all countries bringing in innovative solutions from the market, leveraging synergies across plants / continents and ultimately actively contribute to cost & innovation leadership of our plants’ operations.
As part of the lead buying team dedicated to industrial services, you actively participate to the strategy design and you are accountable for its implementation in Europe, thanks to a market expertise enabling you to play a proactive role influencing the suppliers’ ecosystem, promote the development of relevant partnerships with Aperam, and run tendering processes autonomously.
You ensure excellent purchasing performance as you:
- Timely participate to the strategy definition with the Category Manager, and implement it for large & mid-size tenders across sites.
- Lead large & mid-size unplanned (transversal and/or local) call for tenders.
- Participate in make-or-buy opportunity assessments.
- Align, identify synergies and benchmark with other Aperam lead buyers, as well as with other industrial companies with whom we partner.
- Challenge the results of negotiations performed by the aforementioned partners on our behalf.
- Make sure established contracts are executed in compliance with defined buying channels & contractual terms.
- Closely work with users to incentivise TCO approach / scope optimizations.
- Participate to the yearly budget preparation and ensure the follow-up on actuals.
You are managing your supplier ecosystem efficiently as you monitor your market developments and perform an annual evaluation (internal & external) of your major suppliers & monitor the action plan closure.
You are driving compliance and efficiency, making sure that
- Health and safety criterion are included and considered for the selection, homologation and performance follow up of contractors.
- Applicable purchasing tools/systems for the category are actually used and the Global Purchasing Policy, implemented.
- You manage risks by transversal analysis, including supplier risk profile.
- You uphold health & safety and ethical standards at all times, treating your stakeholders accordingly.
- You hold an Engineering or Business Administration Master degree.
- You have been able to sharpen your skills for at least 5 years in strategic purchasing.
- You are driven and feel accountable for your area of responsibility, with a high level of autonomy.
- You have strong influencing and change management skills, supported by an open mindset.
- You are aware of the environment with an innovative mindset.
- You have a technical expertise on purchasing processes & negotiation.
- You speak English fluently and ideally at least one other Aperam language (Dutch / French / Portuguese / German), which supports your excellent communication skills.
- You are mobile in your assigned cluster up to 70% of the time.
- A challenging position to be built and the opportunity to have an impact within one of the major industrial players.
- A European exposure, with learning and development opportunities at global level.
- The opportunity to travel to the different company sites in Europe.
An attractive compensation package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience