i-Tech is a 10.000m² university incubator where local and international startups find seed acceleration programs. Our mission is to help R&D based startups turn scientific results into investable business opportunities. We support projects originating from Biosciences, Medicine and Applied Sciences faculty labs. Our pipeline is mainly maid up of Drug Development, Medical Devices and Diagnostic tests projects. We also cover advanced materials, analytical technologies and pharma process equipment projects.
Located at the very heart of Charleroi Brussels South Biopark, we are the incubator of ULB and UMons. We are backed by two seed VCs, Theodorus Spin-offs Fund and Sambrinvest, who are our first line partners. Beyond this, we have developed a large venture capital network as well as a broad network of sharp industry mentors able to support our projects flow. Our team of Program Managers is keen on providing guidance and methodology to help project owners building bullet-proof business opportunities.
To support the development of i-Tech, we are looking for a (m/f):
As a Business Analyst, your role is to feed projects with strategic data helping them build attractive business cases for investors. Under the guidance of the Program Manager (your internal customer), your main responsibilities are:
- You screen technical, scientific and medical literature for data supporting evidence of unmet medical/ health industry pain;
- You collect prevalence, incidence and disease management data supporting market sizing attempts;
- You gather market data allowing clear positioning towards commercial technologies, technologies under development and future trends;
- You investigate relevant industry deals allowing investors to assess potential exit options;
- You discuss data with Program Managers and Project Owners in order to come up with the best conclusions;
- You provide quality slide deck reports ready to be integrated into investor slide decks;
- You perform a continuous technology and deal watching activity in the main areas of activity of the incubator;
- You continuously benchmark existing data sources and explore new sources.
Depending on your evolution, you gradually evolve towards a Program Manager position.
- You hold a master in Sciences or Engineering.
- You have a first experience as a Business Analyst preferably in the Health Industry.
- A previous experience as an entrepreneur is an asset.
- You have an outstanding capacity of conducting systematic and creative exploratory processes in fields you don’t know.
- You are able to produce professional graphical material to share the results of your search.
- You think that everybody has something to teach.
- You are able to express your disagreement while preserving the relation.
- You are a team player with a high degree of autonomy.
- A unique opportunity to dive into the world of innovative startups.
- An opportunity to develop a big network of scientific, medical and industry experts, CEO and VC.
- A diversified job with a view on many different projects.
- The drive to develop your business opportunity validation skills.
- The pleasure to join a cool team of sound professionals.
- An attractive salary package.