Axinesis is a medical system spin-off (UCLouvain) based in Wavre (close to Brussels, Belgium). Its mission is to improve the functional recovery of patients through innovative and accessible technologies dedicated to the rehabilitation of the upper limbs of patients.
The first solution developed by Axinesis, the REAplan® system, aims to accompany adults suffering from a disability of the upper limbs, e.g. following a stroke event, as well as children with cerebral palsy. This interactive and auto-adaptive robotic medical device combines robotics and therapeutic games, by means of a personalized assistance to the movements of the arms of the patients.
The company will launch a new product early 2020, the REAtouch® system, aimed at intense and bimanual functional recovery after the acute phase. For more information, please visit www.axinesis.com
As part of the development of Axinesis’s activities and in order to complement the existing management team, we are actively looking for a (m/f):
Chief Operating Officer (COO)
As a Chief Operating Officer, your main objective is to efficiently develop the company’s growth together with the CEO and CTO of the company.
The position’s main responsibilities are:
- Oversee the day-to-day administrative, operational and customer support functions of the company.
- Contribute to the definition of coherent and efficient go-to-market strategic and operational plan and play a major role in its execution.
- Identify relevant sales channels and business opportunities in order to expand locally and abroad.
- For the Benelux region, develop the client’s portfolio, prospect the market and close commercial deals.
- You hold a postgraduate qualification in Life Sciences or Engineering. In addition, a MBA would also be an asset.
- You have at least 10 years of industrial experience in a sales & marketing executive position. Relevant commercial experience in the medical device sector would be an asset.
- You combine experience in successful start-up or early stage businesses with hands-on past experience at executive level in a healthcare sciences/medtech business.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, and a proven track record of success in helping build businesses from start-ups or small business units into sustainable, commercial operations.
- You take advantage of a well-connected professional network within the industry.
- You have experience of successful launches of new technologies.
- You fluently communicate in English. The command of French, Dutch and /or German is an asset.
- A challenging position within a high-potential MedTech start-up aiming at improving the quality of life of impaired people.
- To join a MedTech company with a worldwide ambition.
- The opportunity to work in a human-sized, dynamic, respectful and professional environment.
- An attractive package in line with the position responsibilities and its context.
- The opportunity to be remunerated under payroll or as a self-employed through your management company.