Based in Lens-aint-Servais (Belgium), DSCOLOR is specialized in the development and production of unique and innovative plastic decorative paints for the automotive and cosmetics sectors.
With two production sites in Belgium and Germany, the company uses innovative technologies such as: Holoptic, MetaLazer, 3D Holographic, Chrome Effect, DUAL CURE UV coating, SoftFell Coating, Polyurethane coating, etc. DSCOLOR collaborates with many renowned industrial players such as: Dior, Nokia, BW, Philipps, etc. The company has also been nominated for the Global Industry Awards in the “New Technology” category.
For more information, please visit http://www.dscolor.com/
In order to strengthen the team, we are actively looking for a
R&D Chemist – UV Coating
Your mission as R&D Chemist is to formulate photo-polymerizable (UV) paints adapted for plastic supports in order to develop DSCOLOR’s product range.
You are responsible of
- Developing and formulating new photo-crosslinkable paints for plastic substrates in laboratory.
- Ensuring the qualification and validation of laboratory formulations according to the specifications of the automotive and cosmetics industries.
- Performing industrial trials, scale-up and field validation (production).
- Contacting suppliers of raw materials
- Participating in different conferences and specialized events.
- Reporting the progress regularly and in a structured way to your manager.
- You hold a Master/Engineer degree or PhD in chemistry or equivalent by experience.
- You have a strong experience in formulation of photo-crosslinkable paints (photo-polymerization) and UV DUAL CURE paints on plastics supports.
- Good knowledge of UV resins (acrylate urethanes and acrylate polyesters) as well as UV photoinitiators for pigmented systems.
- Experience in 2K polyurethane system sis a plus.
- Proven experience in the field of industrial spray paints.
- You communicate easily in French and have a good knowledge of English (oral and written).
- Joining an internationally recognized and growing company
- A challenging position with a real impact on society.
- A competitive salary package with hospital insurance and group insurance.
- A permanent contract on a full-time basis.