iTeos Therapeutics is a privately-held, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to extending and improving the lives of cancer patients by designing and developing next generation immunotherapies. iTeos Therapeutics is advancing its two main programs into a phase I/II clinical stage. The first program is an insurmountable and non-brain penetrant adenosine A2A receptor antagonist. The second program is a human ADCC-enabling anti-TIGIT antibody.
Based in Gosselies, Belgium and Cambridge, MA, iTeos Therapeutics was founded out of the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research (LICR) and the de Duve Institute (UCLouvain) in 2011. In March 2020, the Company completed a $125 million Series B2 financing led by 6 main US Venture Capitalists. All previous investors including Fund +, VIVES II and SRIW, as well as SFPI, also participated in this funding round. For more information, please visit www.iteostherapeutics.com.
iTeos Therapeutics is now a world-class actor in the sector. To carry on its growth and reinforce its team, iTeos Therapeutics is looking for a (m/f) :
iTeos Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker Clinical Scientist to translate science and strategy into executable, efficient clinical trials, review emerging clinical data and collaborate on the interpretation and reporting of study results. This position will function under the guidance and direction of the medical director. The successful candidate will be an autonomous, proactive, collaborative, experienced scientist with experience working in a clinical development environment.
More specifically, the responsibilities will be to :
- Lead the clinical study protocol/amendment development process by translating the strategy and approved concept into executable, efficient clinical protocols and related documents.
- In collaboration with internal/external experts in biostatistics, clinical pharmacology, translational medicine, clinical operations and data management, execute the trial related activities.
- Establish and organize external committees such as DMC, DSMB, Steering Committees and Advisory Board.
- Collaborate on the review, analysis, and interpretation of study results and assure appropriate data review and accurate data reporting.
- Review and monitor ongoing clinical trial data related (but not limited) to safety, efficacy and PK/PD to identify study or project issues and solve them.
- Lead the development of program documents, including the clinical sections of various regulatory documents such as IND, investigators’ brochures, clinical sections of regulatory submissions, annual reports and updates and clinical study reports to support product approvals.
- Support the development of interim analysis and study report.
- Contribute to presentations and communication of study data results internally and to external audiences including investigators at sponsor meetings or general audiences at scientific conferences.
- Conduct literature reviews as needed for study rational, and the interpretation of study data and development of next steps. Contribute to the clinical strategy, including selection of indications and combinations.
- Advanced clinical or scientific degree (e.g. PharmD, Advanced Practice Nursing, PhD).
- 5+ years of relevant clinical scientist experience, ideally in (immuno-)oncology.
- Thorough understanding of the drug development process from pre-clinical steps through registration and post-registration required.
- Good understanding of trial design and statistics in order to the design clinical protocols.
- Good understanding of GCP, ICH Guidelines and current global regulations.
- Ability to understand, interpret and communicate clinical information including literature reviews, competitive intelligence, and changing treatment paradigms.
- Resourceful, energetic, self-starter.
- Approaches challenges with creativity and pragmatism.
- Ability to engage team to achieve goals without direct authority.
- Strong organization, documentation and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate across disciplines
- Strong ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment where results are achieved through influence, cooperation, and the incorporation of multiple points of view
- Fluency in English, both written and oral.
- Based in Gosselies, Belgium. Ability to travel up to 20% of time.
- A stimulating scientific position within a high-potential innovative biotech company.
- The opportunity to work in a science-driven, dynamic, human‐sized, respectful and professional environment.
- A challenging scientific and business growth in which you get to bring your knowledge and skills.
- Varied contacts inside the company, the biotech/pharma sector and the scientific world.
- A long-term contract and an attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.