SmartNodes is a Belgian innovative green-tech start-up active in the smart cities’ sustainable development.
Based in Liège, SmartNodes develops smart street lighting solutions based on high-tech controllers to power street lighting only in presence of road users. The measurement of traffic density and user speeds is used for road mobility and safety applications. By integrating environmental sensors, parking sensors, etc., SmartNodes’ public lighting network is becoming the driving force behind Smart City networks. Please visit www.smartnodes.be.
SmartNodes’ customers are cities, regions and distribution network companies, worldwide. In order to develop its business, we are actively looking for an (m/f):
Business developer – Smart-cities
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, you expand SmartNodes’ business on an international scale, mainly in Germany and DACH region. In your assigned region, you develop the attractiveness of the brand on the market, and you reach the company’s sales targets.
Your main responsibilities are:
- You analyse the market evolution, and identify business growth opportunities and risks.
- You propose relevant sales actions plans in order to meet the sales objectives.
- You initiate positive relations with prospects, customers and sales channels.
- You lead all the sales process, including response to call for tender and deal closing.
- You build, support and motivate an efficient sales network of local partners.
- You develop adapted local marketing tools and actions.
- You report work evolution on a regular basis.
- Master degree in Business, Engineering or equivalent through experience.
- Ideally first level experience in a sales & marketing position with technical products. Junior profiles are also welcome.
- Results and customer oriented, rigorous, autonomous and flexible.
- Willing to deal with public sector oriented sales activities.
- You are ready to travel around 50% of your work time.
- Fluent in English and German. The command of French and any other language is an asset.
- A challenging business development position in a fast growing start-up.
- The opportunity to enter a sustainable development and green tech company.
- Varied contacts with professionals on an international scale.
- Significant learning and evolution opportunities.
- An attractive salary package including a stock options plan.