Founded in 1997, Ashby Gorman Baker (AGB) is an independent service organisation that specialised in the maintenance and servicing of Radiology equipment within hospital environment throughout the UK and Belgium and in some other countries around the World. The majority of the business is within Nuclear Medicine, ie the support of gamma cameras and associated workstations.
Ashby Gorman Baker has facilities in the UK and in Belgium (Lokeren). It is one of the largest independent medical imaging support Companies in Europe.
In order to support the expansion of the team in Belgium, we are looking for a (m/f):
Field Service Engineer
After an extensive in-house training within AGB’s UK training center, Belgium workshop and by shadowing engineers during their on-site interventions, you provide an excellent customer-oriented service. Reporting to the Belgium Engineering Supervisor, you are home-based and you perform on-site interventions for AGB’s customers based in Belgium.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Providing service and support for medical imaging equipment. Ensuring that the hospitals have operating medical equipment to treat patients.
- Performing the routine preventative maintenance on customer’s systems.
- Attending and rectifying any breakdown as and when they occur and carrying out the appropriate corrective action to provide an optimal service for hospitals’ patients.
- Performing maintenance operations by repairing system components and fully test them within AGB’s workshop in Lokeren.
- Conveying and demonstrating the company’s views and philosophy to the customer at all times.
- You hold a Bachelor or Engineer Degree in electronical/electro-mechanical fields.
- You have excellent practical electronic skills with regard to understanding/reading complex circuit diagrams, soldering skills, use of electronic equipment.
- You have a good computing and networking knowledge, as well as mechanical engineering.
- You are fluent in French and English. A good knowledge of Dutch is an asset.
- You are ready to travel around Belgium.
- You are flexible concerning working hours, in order to get the job done.
- You are able to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- You are curious and eager to learn new engineering skills.
- A challenging and rewarding position within a prestigious branch of engineering.
- The opportunity to join a company that help improve patients’ life quality in hospitals
- Strong in-house training, both formal and practical.
- To work in a young and dynamic company, with good opportunities for career development.
- An attractive salary package in line with your experience.