A-mansia is a biotech company focusing on microbiome therapeutics addressing human health issues like obesity and related disorders. The mission of A-mansia is to provide innovative solutions based on microbiome therapeutics.
Based in Mont-Saint-Guibert (30km from Brussels) and reinforced by its 22 million euros fundraising success, A-Mansia is searching for a dynamic and enthusiastic person to strengthen the team. For more information about the company and the technology, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
A-Mansia offers a French, Dutch and English-speaking environment, culturally diversified and located in the heart of Europe, in Belgium, within easy reach of several European Capitals.
To strengthen the team in Mont-Saint-Guibert, we’re looking for an (m/f):
Intellectual Property Manager
The Intellectual Property Manager will have the overall responsibility for supporting the development of intellectual property strategies while serving as the primary liaison with patent counsel and internal research and development team. The Intellectual Property Manager will work with technical leaders, inventors and the external patent attorneys to support patent applications that support new business opportunities or general improvements.
Your main responsibilities are as follows:
- Under the supervision of the CEO, you manage the full cycle of patent matters. You monitor and document the status of issued patents, trademarks and pending applications.
- You understand A-Mansia’s scientific assets and participate in new technology evaluations in coordination with scientific team and inventors. You analyze new discoveries to identify opportunities for expanding IP coverage.
- Identify, review and recommend IP filling strategy.
- Develop IP strategies and develop IP awareness across the team.
- Carry out patentability and freedom-to-operate analyses.
- Follow-up grants obtained for patent costs, report to authority’s prosecution advancement and file new grant application.
- Report to COMEX work evolution on a regular basis.
- You are PhD, or Master in Life Sciences, with at least 5 years of experience in an IP Manager position, preferably in the pharmaceutical or life science sector.
- You have a good understanding of microbiology, medical physiology and nutrition. Understanding and possibly experienced into the Microbiome field is a plus.
- You are recognized as a pragmatic and result driven manager and you look for a hands‑on position in a cutting-edge scientific field.
- Analytical, rigorous, detail-oriented, autonomous, committed and flexible.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. The command of French and/or Dutch is a plus.
- Strong team spirit and excellent interpersonal skills.
- A strategic leading position with a high potential innovative and young biotech company
- To work in a human-sized, innovative, collaborative and respectful environment
- To take part in a challenging and cutting-edge development program in Microbiome nutrition.
- An attractive compensation package in line with the position’s responsibilities and your experience.