Caprion Biosciences, a contract research organisation with facilities in Montreal (Canada), Gosselies (Belgium) and Freemont (USA), offers analytical services to biopharmaceutical companies for the characterization of the human immune response in pre-clinical and clinical samples.
Caprion operates globally, with partners in North America, Europe and Asia, including large pharmaceutical companies and biotechs.
In the context of its growing immune monitoring service offering, Caprion is looking to hire a Laboratory Team Leader for its flow cytometry and serology platforms, for its site in Gosselies, Belgium.
Laboratory Team Leader
Reporting to the Associate Director, Operations, the Laboratory Team Leader manages a team of Research Assistants for the execution of studies focusing on the characterization of the cellular (flow cytometry assays and ELISPOT) and of the humoral (ELISA, Luminex, viral neutralization tests) immune response.
Tasks include :
- Manage a laboratory team of junior and senior Research Assistants;
- Schedule and coordinate laboratory work for all ongoing and upcoming projects, establishing priorities and resolving scheduling conflicts;
- Plan and oversee training of the laboratory staff to ensure profiency in the methods used;
- Monitor and regularly verify the quality of laboratory work and documentation to ensure compliance to Caprion requirements and SOPs;
- Follow-up with staff on performance;
- Assist in the identification of improvement areas, optimize and implement improved processes within the laboratory;
- Assist the Associate Director, Operations, and as required, interact with Scientific and Data Analysis teams, to address and resolve operational issues in a timely manner;
- Participate to the continuous improvement of the Quality System;
- Actively participate in audits performed by government agencies or clients.
Profile of the applicant :
The applicant must hold a master’s degree (or the equivalent) in a life science discipline such as biology, medical biology or biochemistry/biotechnology. Practical knowledge of techniques related to cellular and humoral immunology is required. The applicant must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position, including staff management.
The applicant must :
- Demonstrate leadership skills;
- Demonstrate excellent organization and time management skills to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment;
- Demonstrate schedule adaptability and flexibility:
- Demonstrate ability to make appropriate decisions, especially under short timelines and when dealing with complex situations;
- Have a thorough knowledge of GxP regulations and be willing to work in a highly Quality controlled environment (ISO15189, GCLP, GLP);
- Be willing to actively participate to the generation, the implementation and the continuous improvement of laboratory processes;
- Be detailed and process-oriented, meticulous and show commitment to achieve good quality work;
- Be functional in French (spoken and written) and have a functional knowledge of written English. Knowledge of spoken English is an asset.
- Full time permanent contract, with possibility of rapid start.
- A professional, dynamic and stimulating work environment.
- A competitive salary package including benefits, adapted to your experience and the context.