Known as one of the 5 « Supermajors », our client is a top player in the global oil and gas industry, as well as a leader in industrial chemistry.
In an increasingly competitive environment due to imports of commodity products, and in order to protect its intellectual property and secure its catalytic developments, our client has decided to develop, produce and sell metallocene catalysts.
In order to ensure the development of our client’s polymer plant located in the south of Brussels, we are actively looking for a (m/f):
Manufacturing and Industrialization Manager
New Generation Catalysts
As a Manufacturing and Industrialization Manager of New Generation Catalysts, you coordinate the start-up of the production unit of these catalysts. Reporting to the Executive Committee, you are the technical referent and you supervise the production team.
The following responsibilities are entrusted to you:
- Coordinate and optimize catalyst production in terms of resources, process and results, according to the required specifications.
- Optimize the application of new process and catalytic versions, in close collaboration with the research and the process department.
- Maximize the production unit financial profitability by ensuring cost reduction (debottlenecking, solvent recovery, etc.).
- Implement and ensure compliance with quality (QC/QA) and safety standards.
- Implement a procedure and ensure performance monitoring.
- Collaborate closely with the supply chain.
- Be the technical responsible for the catalysts purchased from tollers.
- Ensure the customer follow-up worldwide in terms of performance.
- Supervise, motivate and develop the production team.
- You have a Master’s degree/PhD in Chemistry.
- You have at least 10 years of experience in scale-up and industrial manufacturing of polyolefin catalysts. As such, you have acquired a solid knowledge in polymerization, and ideally in downstream applications.
- You have experience in the management of a catalyst operating team (pilot/industrial unit).
- You are comfortable with project management and you enjoy teamwork.
- You are autonomous, rigorous, with a strong ability in decision-making and leadership.
- You have a very good command of English.
- You are willing to travel occasionally on all continents.
- You are ready to relocate internationally.
- A strategic and diversified position linked to innovative projects.
- Development opportunities and a structured evolution plan.
- Integrate an innovative and globally renowned industrial company.
- Professional and stimulating challenges, as well as rewarding human contacts.
- A competitive salary package, in line with your experience.