Caprion Biosciences is a contract research organisation with facilities in Montreal (Canada) and Gosselies (Belgium). Caprion Biosciences offers analytical services to biopharmaceutical companies ranging from mass spectrometry-based analytical services to the characterization of the human immune response in clinical samples.
Caprion Biosciences operates globally, with partners in North America, Europe and Asia, including large pharmaceutical companies and biotech companies.
In the context of its growing immune monitoring service offering in Gosselies (Belgium), we are looking for a (m/f):
Research Assistant – Flow Cytometry and Serology
Reporting to the Laboratory Manager and working closely with Principal Scientists, the Research Assistant will work within a team focusing on the characterization of the cellular (ELISPOT and various flow cytometry assays such as phenotyping of PBMC, detection of intra-cellular cytokines, etc) and of the humoral (ELISA, Luminex, viral neutralization tests, etc) immune response.
Tasks include :
- Perform immunoassays according to current standard operating procedures;
- Participate to the writing and/or to the review of method SOP and worksheets;
- Manage reagents inventories and orders;
- Participate to the technical management of the laboratory;
- Perform work according to internal quality standards, apply relevant Quality System procedures and participate to the continuous improvement of Quality documents;
- Attend relevant internal training activities;
- Depending on the experience level of the candidate, additional tasks may include:
- Act as a leader in the laboratory for specific studies;
- Work with the Principal Scientist to prepare experimental plans needed for the conduct of immune monitoring assays;
- Participate in the development and qualification/validation of complex methods;
- Participate in experiment planning and problem solving.
The applicant must hold a bachelor degree or a master’s degree (or the equivalent) in a life science discipline such as biology, medical biology or biochemistry/biotechnology and demonstrate a relevant laboratory experience. Theoretical and practical knowledge of techniques related to cellular and humoral immunology is required. Experience in cell culture and handling infectious materials in BL2+ environment is an asset.
The applicant must :
- Demonstrate excellent organisational skills.
- Demonstrate schedule adaptability and flexibility.
- Be willing to actively participate to the generation, the implementation and the continuous improvement of laboratory processes.
- Be willing to work in a Quality environment (ISO17025, GCLP, GMP) and apply good documentation procedures (GDP).
- Be functional in French (spoken and written) and have a functional knowledge of written English. Knowledge spoken English is an asset.
- Full time permanent contract, with possibility of rapid start.
- Diversified tasks and responsibilities and interesting projects.
- A professional, dynamic and stimulating work environment.
- Training and development opportunities.
- A competitive salary package including benefits, adapted to your experience and the context.