Founded in 2014, PDC * line Pharma is a Belgian-French biotech company that is developing a novel class of off-the-shelf active cancer immunotherapies. The technology developed by this spin-off of the French Blood Bank (Etablissement Français du Sang, EFS) can be applied to any type of cancer.
After a first-in-human feasibility clinical study in melanoma, PDC*line Pharma is focusing on new candidates to fight other cancers, including lung cancer, with a new clinical trial underway. The company currently employs more than 20 people and with an experienced management team. So far, the company has raised more than €37 million in capital and subsidies and repayable advances.
In order to strengthen the R&D preclinical team in Liège (Belgium), we are actively looking for a:
Research Assistant – Molecular & Cellular Biology
Reporting to the R&D Manager, you contribute to PDC*Line Pharma’s new drug development programs. You develop technical protocols and perform molecular and cellular biology experiments, while actively participating in the daily operations of the laboratory.
After a strong training period, your main tasks are:
- Perform cellular biology (freezing/cell thawing, cell culture, antibody labeling) and molecular biology experiments (nucleic acid extraction, PCR, cloning and subcloning, viral production) according to PDC*line Pharma’s standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Participate to the design of experimental protocols.
- Generate, compile, analyse, summarise and present experimental data.
- Participate to the drafting of experimental reports.
- Participate in the redaction of new and period review of current SOP.
- Collaborate and contribute to the ongoing activities together with other colleagues.
- Participate to the management and maintenance of the laboratory.
- Perform activities according to internal quality standards, environmental, health & safety guidelines and directives, apply relevant quality procedures, and participate to the continuous improvement of the QMS.
- You hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biology and biomedical sciences.
- You ideally have a first experience in the biotech/pharma industry. Junior and academic profiles are also welcome.
- You demonstrate a strong interest in molecular biology techniques (cloning and sub-cloning techniques, (q)PCR, retro- and lenti-viral productions, nucleic acids extraction, recombinant protein production) and cellular biology techniques (experience in human in vitro culture in sterile conditions under minimal Biological Safety Level 1).
- You have some knowledge of human immunology, in particular T cell immunobiology.
- You are rigorous, detail-oriented, reliable, committed and with a positive mindset.
- You read and understand scientific instructions in English.
- You have strong team spirit.
- A position where you will be exposed to state-of-art technologies, scientifically diverse, and dynamic environment, within a fast-growing innovative biotech company.
- The opportunity to join a human-sized industrial professional environment.
- An permanent contract and an attractive salary package in line with your experience.