Confo Therapeutics, a spin-off of VIB and VUB, is a drug discovery company built around a disruptive technology which enables it to address ‘undruggable’ GPCRs. The company is building a portfolio of transformative medicines in various disease areas. Confo Therapeutics is currently located on the Etterbeek campus of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel and on the Technology Park in Zwijnaarde/Ghent. More information about Confo’s technology and strategy can be found on www.confotherapeutics.com.
For the expansion of the target discovery team in Brussels, we are currently looking for a (m/f):
Research Associate – Confobody Discovery
- You will support the Confobody discovery for therapeutic targets including the development of novel Confobody discovery techniques.
- You clone antibody repertoires, execute antibody selections and characterize antibodies in biochemical or cell based assays to assess their conformation sensitivity.
- You communicate experimental progress to the project team.
- You will manage Confo Therapeutics’ construct inventory (antibodies and GPCR expression cassettes) in CLC Main Workbench and align with the Data Management System.
- Bench oriented Bachelor or Master in life sciences or equivalent (preferentially trained in a biotech environment).
- Minimally 2 years hands on experience in molecular biology and proficient in any of the Confobody discovery techniques (antibody display, radiometric & immunological assays, flow cytometry, mammalian or insect cell culturing).
- Experienced user of CLC Main Workbench or Workflow Manager or alike is an asset.
- Scientific integrity, solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Working accurately and self-motivating.
- Enthusiastic team player in a small company setting.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- A competitive compensation package with extensive benefits.
- An entrepreneurial and stimulating working environment in a growing and ambitious biotech company.
- Excellent career development opportunity, with exposure to all aspects of R&D in the company.