Confo Therapeutics, a spin-off of VIB and VUB, is a drug discovery company built around a disruptive technology which enables it to address ‘undruggable’ GPCRs. The company is building a portfolio of transformative medicines in various disease areas.
Confo Therapeutics is currently located on the Etterbeek campus of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel and on the Technology Park in Zwijnaarde/Ghent. More information about Confo’s technology and strategy can be found on www.confotherapeutics.com.
For the expansion of the target discovery team in Brussels, we are looking for a (m/f):
Research Associate – Target expression
- You will help to implement a state of the art cell culture lab and build an efficient cell culturing engine for different eukaryotic hosts.
- You will overexpress GPCRs in different eukaryotic expression hosts and assess recombinant receptor expression (transient and stable cell lines).
- You support the Confobody discovery teams to assess conformation sensitivity of antibodies in cell based assays.
- You manage Confo Therapeutics’ cell line culture capacity and inventory aligned with the Data Management System.
- You communicate experimental progress to the project teams.
- Bachelor in life sciences with at least one year experience in eukaryotic cell culturing in an industrial setting.
- Proficient in eukaryotic cell transfection techniques and methods to assess heterologous protein expression such as flow cytometry and radioligand assays.
- Experienced operator of flow cytometer and capable to analyse flow cytometry data is an asset.
- Scientific integrity, solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Working accurately and self-motivating.
- Enthusiastic team player in a small company setting.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- A competitive compensation package with extensive benefits.
- An entrepreneurial and stimulating working environment in a growing and ambitious biotech company.
- Excellent career development opportunity, with exposure to all aspects of R&D in the company.