Founded in 2005, Graftys develops, manufactures and markets patented synthetic bone biomaterials for reconstructive orthopedic surgery. Graftys is specialized in new generations of resorbable calcium-phosphate cements and is based on the research works of Pr. Jean-Michel Bouler (CEISAM/CNRS).
The Company’s key products are commercialized in more than 25 countries, including Europe and the USA, through distribution partnerships. The objective of Graftys is to expand the company product lines by offering new versions of existing products and new products with enhanced regenerative properties.
Graftys, one of the world leaders in resorbable bone cements, is based in Belgium and France. For more information about the company, please visit www.graftys.com.
In order to support the expansion of the dynamic team in Gosselies, we are looking for a (m/f):
Scientific & Business Development Manager
As a Scientific & Business Development Manager, your mission is to analyze the market and internal data, to manage the R&D projects grants and to elaborate the business plan and budgets. You directly report to the CEO.
Your main responsibilities are as follows:
- You analyze the biomaterials and bone tissue engineering market trends & evolutions.
- You determine production costs and suggest optimization options based on market analysis and on prices, and reimbursement trends.
- You write/defend research projects (R&D, Preclinical, Industrialization, Clinic, etc.) in French and English.
- You manage funded projects by providing scientific reporting, financial statement of claim and administrative (IP, confidentiality…) monitoring.
- You elaborate business plans at 5-8 years, and you build consolidated budgets.
- You organize the budget process: collect, analysis and summary of budgets data.
- You report work evolution to the top management in a structured way.
- You hold a MD, a DVM, or a PhD in biomedical sciences, or pharmacy. An MBA (or equivalent) is a plus.
- You have a first experience in high-end consulting or in business development in the field of implantable medical device (ideally), biotech or pharma.
- You ideally have a good knowledge of national and international laws and requirements in the field of implantable medical devices.
- You have strong analytical and synthesis skills.
- You have a strong business orientation mindset.
- You are rigorous, independent, pro-active and versatile.
- You are a team player with a good oral and written communication.
- You are fluent in French and English.
- A challenging and rewarding position within a fast-growing company.
- The opportunity to join a company specialized in innovative product for reconstructive orthopedics.
- To work in a human-sized, innovative, collaborative and dynamic company.
- A full-time permanent contract (CDI) with an attractive salary package in line with your experience.