Sopartec S.A. (www.sopartec.com) is the Technology Transfer Company of the Catholic University of Louvain (UCL), member of the Louvain Technology Transfer Office (LTTO) and the management company of Vives 1 and 2 funds.
The LTTO (www.ltto.com) is the single Technology Transfer’s counter at the UCL rallying both Sopartec’s and ADRE’s team. It covers all the steps in the process (from laboratory to market): funding of research contracts; detection of discoveries in laboratories; intellectual property management, protection and technological maturation; commercialisation via licensing contracts or spin-off creation.
Vives – Louvain Technology Fund (www.vivesfund.com) is a € 43M cross borders (250km around Louvain-La-Neuve) technological investment fund investing in UCL’s spin-offs and its partners’ as well as in start-up/spin-out having a strategic relationship with the UCL or its partners.
To strengthen the Sopartec’s team, we are actively looking for a (m/F):
Senior Investment & Financial Manager
Life Sciences Innovation
Reporting to the CEO, you support project owners in the technology transfer’s maturation and commercialisation. Moreover, you take part in the funding process in the life science field and in the Sopartec/Vives’ financial management. Your main responsibilities are:
- Supporting UCL’s researchers and professors in the technological maturation and commercialisation phases into the LTTO: taking part in the intellectual property protection strategy; funding request development, business model identification and validation, search for industrial sponsorship, spin-off creation and intellectual property valorisation in the form of licensing contracts.
- Research, selection and analysis of investment opportunities for Vives II: Due Diligence initiation and supervision, negotiation and preparation of investment proposals, administrative, legal and financial follow-up.
- Take part in the financial and administrative follow-up, including the Sopartec/Vives’ representation in the executive board of companies where participations are taken.
- Master in management, economics, commercial sciences, MBA or equivalent by experience. A Master/PhD in life sciences could also be suitable.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in business development in the industrial sector or within a start-up is required. Patent experience or in-licence negotiation is an asset. Experience in financial analysis/M&A is a plus.
- Strong interest for entrepreneurship, strategic, financial, legal and commercial aspects.
- Ability to identify and assess the strengths of a project.
- Able to find solutions in a complex and quickly evolving environment.
- Very good knowledge of French, English, and ideally of Dutch.
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills and high sense of diplomacy.
- Rigorous, analytic, organised, responsible and autonomous.
- A rich and varied position within a dynamic and multidisciplinary team.
- The opportunity to actively contribute to the knowledge transfer that creates well-being for the community and added value for the real economy.
- A work culture promoting autonomy and teamwork.
- An attractive salary package with extra-legal benefits, in line with your experience.