Founded in 2013, E2 Drives is an innovative start-up company active in electric mobility. The company is specialized in mechanics, electronics, electric motor and embedded control software. Recently, E2 Drives has developed a high-end and disruptive new generation of electric bikes. The key differentiator of the bike is its all-in-one drive unit integrating an electric assistance and an automatic gearbox.
E2 Drives’ ambition is to develop and commercialize the best electric bike on the market, in the commuting segment, with premium functions and an affordable price. The team is currently composed by 5 dynamic and entrepreneurial persons but will strongly grow this year.
E2 Drives, future top player of the electric bikes market, is based in Genval (South-East of Brussels).
In order to strengthen the team in Genval, we are looking for a (m/f):
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Reporting to the Head of Manufacturing, you are in charge of the manufacturing process development and management. You meet the hardware manufacturing objectives by leading production partners, processes and costs.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Assess and optimize the manufacturing processes for each part integrated in sub-assembly groups.
- Coordinate and support production partners during the pre-production and mass-production phases.
- Review product designs for manufacturability, product improvement or cost reduction.
- Estimate costs, production timings.
- Sourcing and evaluation of new production partners and suppliers.
- Prepare manufacturing documents.
- Support the designing team when needed.
- Assesment of quality control.
- Report work evolution on a regular basis.
- Master in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent through experience.
- More than 5 years experience in the automotive, powertool, home appliances or similar sector (mass-production).
- Experience in mass-production processes, industrialization costs and constraints.
- An experience in subcontractors production management is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Solidworks or a comparable software.
- Attracted by working in a startup and by solving problems.
- Analytical mind, autonomous, proactive and result-oriented.
- Previous experience in design of electromechanical products is an asset.
- Very good command of English. The command of French is a plus.
- A challenging position within a high-potential innovative start-up.
- To join an electric bikes company with a worldwide ambition.
- The opportunity to work in a human-sized, dynamic and excellence-oriented environment.
- An attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and its context.
- A full-time permanent contract.