Founded in 2009, CryoTherapeutics is an early stage European innovative company that is now establishing its operations in Liège (Awans). The company is in the process of developing a novel catheter system to treat atherosclerotic plaque that causes heart attacks by delivering cryoenergy to the coronary arteries. For additional information about the company, please visit http://www.cryotherapeutics.com/
CryoTherapeutics aims to develop and market the novel cryoenergy therapy initially for patients who have suffered a heart attack, and in the longer term also for patients identified as being at future risk of heart attack. CryoTherapeutics recently raised 7M€ in its latest round of financing and will use these funds to continue development of this technology with the aim of starting clinical studies later this year.
In order to support the expansion of the team in Awans, we are looking for a (m/f):
Senior R&D Engineer – Catheter
As a Senior R&D Engineer – Catheter, the candidate will lead and take care of designing, developing and testing next-generation catheter delivery systems from concept to human use. Reporting to the CTO you play a key role in the R&D/innovation activities.
The position’s main responsibilities are:
- Conceptualize, design and develop innovative interventional catheters, including design requirements, prototype developments, pre-clinical and clinical assessments, and industrialization.
- Support the design of the next generation catheter components, in collaboration with Quality.
- Support the development of new test methods, tooling and equipment procurement, and executing long term testing for catheters.
- Collaborate with colleagues and physicians in both pre-clinical and clinical developments in order to evaluate technology and to have a better understanding of cardiovascular anatomy.
- Work with team members and external partners to deliver project’s technical objectives.
- Report results and work evolution on a regular basis to the top management.
- Establish timelines and ensures adherence to timely execution.
- Develop appropriate test methods for product evaluations, writes and executes test protocols and test reports required per GMP and regulatory submissions
- Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering Master’s degree.
- 5 to 10 years experience in catheters design, development and industrialization within medical device companies.
- Relevant technical expertise on extrusion, braiding, molding, and bonding processes.
- Experience in materials (plastics, adhesives and associated processes), and mechanical (small part) design is desired.
- Experienced in medical device regulatory requirements, QMS and design control processes
- Proven record of working with and managing vendors for product and process specification and testing.
- Strong innovation and communication skills together with hands-on and pragmatic mind-set.
- Very good organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Highly collaborative, self-motivated and team-oriented individual in a company setting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Any other language is a plus.
- Up to 25% travel may be required.
- A challenging position with a high potential innovative medical device company.
- To work in a human-sized, collaborative and respectful environment
- A variety of interesting contacts with international exposure.
- An attractive compensation package in line with the position’s responsibilities and your experience.