Caprion Biosciences, a contract research organisation with facilities in Montreal (Canada) and Gosselies (Belgium), offers analytical services to biopharmaceutical companies for the characterization of the human immune response in pre-clinical and clinical samples.
Caprion operates globally, with partners in North America, Europe and Asia, including large pharmaceutical companies and biotechs.
In the context of its growing immune monitoring service offering, Caprion is looking to hire a Research Assistant for its flow cytometry and serology platforms, for its site in Gosselies, Belgium.
Research Assistant – Virology and Serology
Reporting to the Associate Director, Operations and working closely with Principal Scientists, the Research Assistant, Virology and Serology, will work within a team focusing on the characterization of the cellular and of the humoral immune response. The main responsibilities will include the development and execution of viral neutralization assays, foci forming unit assays, Luminex and ELISA assays.
Tasks include :
- Perform viral and other serological assays according to current standard operating procedures;
- Participate to the writing and/or to the review of method SOP and worksheets;
- Manage reagents inventories and orders;
- Participate to the technical management of the laboratory;
- Perform work according to internal quality standards, apply relevant Quality System procedures and participate to the continuous improvement of Quality documents;
- Attend relevant internal training activities;
- Depending on the experience level of the candidate, additional Research Assistant Level 2 tasks may include:
- Act as a leader in the laboratory for specific studies;
- Work with the Principal Scientist to prepare experimental plans needed for the conduct of immune monitoring assays;
- Participate in the development and qualification/validation of complex methods;
- Participate in experiment planning and problem solving.
Profile of the applicant :
The applicant must hold a bachelor degree or a master’s degree (or the equivalent) in a life science discipline such as biology, medical biology or biochemistry/biotechnology. A minimum of three (3) years demonstrated experience in techniques related to virology and humoral immunology is required.
The applicant must :
- Demonstrate excellent organisational skills.
- Demonstrate schedule adaptability and flexibility.
- Be willing to actively participate to the generation, the implementation and the continuous improvement of laboratory processes.
- Be willing to work in a Quality environment (ISO17025, GCLP, GMP) and apply good documentation procedures (GDP).
- Be functional in French (spoken and written) and have a functional knowledge of written English. Knowledge spoken English is an asset.
- Full time permanent contract, with possibility of rapid start.
- Diversified tasks and responsibilities and interesting projects.
- A professional, dynamic and stimulating work environment.
- Training and development opportunities.
- A competitive salary package including benefits, adapted to your experience and the context.