Caprion Biosciences, a contract research organisation with facilities in Montreal (Canada) and Gosselies (Belgium), offers analytical services to biopharmaceutical companies for the characterization of the human immune response in pre-clinical and clinical samples.
Caprion operates globally, with partners in North America, Europe and Asia, including large pharmaceutical companies and biotechs.
In the context of its growing immune monitoring service offering, Caprion is looking to hire a Research Assistant for its flow cytometry and serology platforms, for its site in Gosselies, Belgium.
Research Assistant – Flow Cytometry and Serology – Evenings and weekends
Reporting to the Associate Director, Operations and working closely with Principal Scientists, you work within a team focusing on the characterization of the cellular (ELISPOT and various flow cytometry assays such as phenotyping of PBMC, detection of intra-cellular cytokines, etc) and of the humoral (ELISA, Luminex, viral neutralization tests, etc) immune response. You will receive a strong training to further develop your skills in cellular and humoral immunology.
Your tasks include :
- Perform immunoassays according to current standard operating procedures;
- Participate to the writing and/or to the review of method SOP and worksheets;
- Manage reagents inventories and orders;
- Participate to the technical management of the laboratory;
- Perform work according to internal quality standards, apply relevant Quality System procedures and participate to the continuous improvement of Quality documents;
- Attend relevant internal training activities;
- You hold a bachelor degree or a master’s degree (or the equivalent) in a life science discipline such as biology, medical biology or biochemistry/biotechnology. Practical knowledge of techniques related to cellular and humoral immunology is required. Experience in cell culture and handling infectious materials in BL2+ environment is an asset.
- You demonstrate excellent organisational skills.
- You demonstrate schedule adaptability and flexibility.
- You are able to work evenings and weekend hours.
- You are willing to actively participate to the generation, the implementation and the continuous improvement of laboratory processes.
- You are willing to work in a Quality environment (ISO17025, GCLP, GMP) and apply good documentation procedures (GDP).
- You are functional in French (spoken and written) and have a functional knowledge of written English. Knowledge of spoken English is an asset.
- Diversified tasks and responsibilities and interesting projects.
- A professional, dynamic and stimulating work environment.
- Strong training and development opportunities.
- A competitive salary package including benefits (and premium for evenings and weekend hours), adapted to your experience and the context.
- Full time permanent contract, with possibility of rapid start.