Founded in 2013, E2 Drives is an innovative start-up company active in electric mobility. The company is specialized in mechanics, electronics, electric motor and embedded control software. Recently, E2 Drives has developed a high-end and disruptive new generation of electric bikes. The key differentiator of the bike is its all-in-one drive unit integrating an electric assistance and an automatic gearbox.
E2 Drives’ ambition is to develop and commercialize the best electric bike on the market, in the commuting segment, with premium functions and an affordable price. The team is currently composed by 5 dynamic and entrepreneurial persons but will strongly grow this year.
E2 Drives, future top player of the electric bikes market, is based in Genval (South-East of Brussels).
In order to strengthen the team in Genval, we are looking for a (m/f):
C/C++ Software Engineer
Reporting to the CTO, you develop RTOS C++ embedded firmwares for the central IoT board of the innovative bikes. Based on market and testrides feedbacks, you identify and implement new solutions and technical upgrades.
Your main responsibilities are:
- You propose and implement the roadmap of RTOS C++ embedded firmware of the central IoT board with focus on quality, robustness and timing.
- You identify, propose, implement new and existing connected functions (including BLE, 3G, NB-IoT, GPS, NFC stacks).
- You work in a broader way on the overall behaviour of the connected bike.
- You test/debug and validation of technical upgrades.
- You are in charge of your own projects and collaborate within the software development team.
- You report work evolution on a regular basis.
- Master degree in engineering, IT, computer science, or equivalent through experience.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a software engineer position within the industry.
- Experience in C/C++ firmware development with RTOS, and several communication peripherals (BLE, 3G, NB-IoT, GPS, NFC…) and sensors from the IoT world. Familiar with Git.
- Analytical, problem solving skills, rigorous, autonomous and results oriented.
- Familiar with failure analysis and code robustification.
- Command of bootloader, authentification, and encrypted firmware updates are a plus.
- Knowledge in STM32 family peripherals is a plus.
- Fluent in French or in English.
- A challenging position within a high-potential innovative start-up.
- To join an electric bikes company with a worldwide ambition.
- The opportunity to work in a human-sized, dynamic and excellence-oriented environment.
- An attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and its context.
- A full-time permanent contract.