Founded in 2013, E2 Drives is an innovative start-up company active in electric mobility. The company is specialized in mechanics, electronics, electric motor and embedded control software. Recently, E2 Drives has developed a high-end and disruptive new generation of electric bikes. The key differentiator of the bike is its all-in-one drive unit integrating an electric assistance and an automatic gearbox.
E2 Drives’ ambition is to develop and commercialize the best electric bike on the market, in the commuting segment, with premium functions and an affordable price. The team is currently composed by 5 dynamic and entrepreneurial persons but will strongly grow this year.
E2 Drives, future top player of the electric bikes market, is based in Genval (South-East of Brussels).
In order to strengthen the team in Genval, we are looking for a (m/f):
Electric Motor control Engineer
Reporting to the CTO, you develop embedded firmware for the motor control PCB. Based on internal objectives, you, on one hand, focus on tasks as improving motor control performance and on the other hand identify and implement more broader algorithm to control the whole drive unit of the electric bikes.
Your main responsibilities are:
- You will propose and draw up the roadmap and its implementation in C of the electric motor control and more broadly the drive unit control.
- You improve step response, improving efficiency, lowering ripples, increasing torque per ampere of our current PMSM FOC (also called dq, vector) control.
- You adapt our control to IPM motor.
- You lead C firmware developments, maintain, upgrade with regards to quality, robustness (by failure analysis) and timing.
- You are in charge of your own projects and collaborate within the software development team.
- You report work evolution on a regular basis.
- Master degree in engineering or equivalent through experience.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a software engineer position within the industry.
- Experience in time-critical C firmware development, PMSM and IPM control (FOC) and its low level constaints (Timing, Sampling, Filter delays, PWM updates opportunity…). Git or SVN familiar.
- Analytical, problem solving skills, rigorous, autonomous and results oriented.
- Familiar with failure analysis and code robustification.
- Command of bootloader, authentification, and encrypted firmware updates are major assets.
- Knowledge in STM32 and/or Kinetis families’ peripherals is a plus.
- Fluent in French or in English.
- A diversified and challenging technical position within a experienced team in a fast growing start-up.
- The opportunity to enter a sustainable development and green tech company.
- Varied contacts with professionals on an international scale.
- Significant learning and evolution opportunities.
- An attractive salary package coherent with your experience.
- A full-time permanent contract.