Created in 2011, Aperam is a leading global stainless steel and specialty steel producer with key industrial facilities located in France, Belgium, Germany and Brazil. Aperam is successfully implementing a strategy based on operational efficiency and innovation in their products and services.
Aperam products are sold in over 40 countries to customers in the aerospace, automotive, medical, construction, household appliances, catering and industrial processes industries. In 2017, Aperam employed about 9,600 people with a turnover of $5.051 million.
In order to join its center of industrial excellence in Genk, we are looking for an (m/f):
International Technical Project Manager
As an International Technical Project Manager, you implement and follow up global projects in the different plants (mainly in Europe) in the field of robotization, automation, digitalization/connectivity, production IT (MES, WMS, ERP Interfaces), energy saving, process innovation and shop floor layout.
- Manage end-to-end projects: initiation, planning, implementation, monitoring, close-out, etc.
- Participate in the company’s digital transformation (Industry 4.0).
- Accelerate the achievement of business objectives and set up new innovative projects.
- Be responsible for the conception, calculation and quoting of automation solutions for the Aperam production network.
- Define and develop Aperam automation standards.
- Set up and report the project KPIs on quality control, timing, budget and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Collaborate in the project team as a competent partner for automation.
- Communicate with different internal and external stakeholders : suppliers, institutes, experts, etc.
- Report work evolution on a regular basis.
- Master degree in engineering with a specialization in mechatronics, electricity, electromechanics or energy management.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Technical Expert in an industrial environment with a few years’ experience in continuous improvement project management.
- A certification in project management (preferably Prince 2).
- Strong leadership and communication skills with hands-on and pragmatic mindset.
- Autonomy, proactivity, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work within a multicultural environment.
- Willingness to travel around 60% of your work time.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of other European languages is a plus.
- A unique career opportunity to participate in internal and external training courses, following a guided learning path on both technologies and processes.
- A real career booster and transition to higher and transverse positions within the group.
- An international exposure, with learning and development opportunities.
- The opportunity to travel to the different company sites in Europe and Brazil.
- An attractive compensation package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.