Caprion Biosciences, a contract research organisation with facilities in Montreal (Canada), Gosselies (Belgium) and Freemont (USA), offers analytical services to biopharmaceutical companies for the characterization of the human immune response in pre-clinical and clinical samples.
Caprion operates globally, with partners in North America, Europe and Asia, including large pharmaceutical companies and biotechs.
In the context of its growing immune monitoring service offering, Caprion is looking to hire a Laboratory Coordinator, for its site in Gosselies, Belgium.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Operations, the Laboratory Coordinator is responsible for the instrument logistics, biosafety, monitoring of instruments and facilities and overall management of laboratory area.
Tasks include :
- Scheduling and overseeing external maintenance and calibration of all instruments and equipments;
- Performing internal qualification of basic equipments (i.e. pipette calibration, balance calibration, thermal mapping of storage equipments);
- Ensuring that equipments are used, maintained and calibrated as per SOP;
- Ensuring that equipment log books are complete and properly maintained; ensuring that calibration reports are completed in a timely manner;
- Managing all instruments and equipment malfunctions and associated documentation as per SOP;
- Purchasing of new equipments (obtaining quotes, ensuring that IQ/OQ/PQ is performed and documented as per SOP);
- Management of the monitoring system for facilities and instruments;
- Ensuring laboratory areas are adequately maintained (planning of maintenance, repair, decontamination and cleaning of laboratory space);
- Managing Health and Biosafety for the site;
- Training laboratory personel on laboratory biosafety rules and equipment operations;
- Participating to the writing and review of laboratory equipment SOP;
- Ensuring that all above laboratory management activities are documented according to GDP procedures;
- Participating in client and/or regulatory agencies audits.
Profile of the applicant :
The applicant must hold a bachelor degree (or the equivalent) in a life science discipline such as biology, medical biology or biochemistry/biotechnology. The applicant must have a minimum of 5 years in a similar position. Experience in working in a Quality environment is an asset.
The applicant must :
- Be meticulous, thorough and proactive;
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills;
- Demonstrate schedule adaptability and flexibility.
- Be willing to actively participate to the generation, the implementation and the continuous improvement of laboratory processes.
- Be willing to work in a Quality environment (ISO15189, GCLP, GMP) and apply good documentation procedures (GDP).
- Be functional in French and English (spoken and written).
- Full time permanent contract, with possibility of rapid start.
- A professional, dynamic and stimulating work environment.
- A competitive salary package including benefits, adapted to your experience and the context.