iTeos Therapeutics is a publicly held (NASDAQ: ITOS), clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to extending and improving the lives of cancer patients by designing and developing next generation immunotherapies.
Based in Gosselies, Belgium and Cambridge, MA, iTeos Therapeutics was founded out of the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research (LICR) and the de Duve Institute (UCLouvain) in 2011. In March 2020, the company completed a $125 million Series B2 financing, and in July 2020, completed its IPO raising over $200million of proceeds.
This additional capital will allow iTeos Therapeutics to continue to develop its clinical pipeline and maintain its investments in its discovery research team to leverage fantastic science to improve the lives of cancer patients. For more information, please visit www.iteostherapeutics.com.
To strengthen the team in Gosselies, we are looking for a (m/f) :
(Sr.) Scientist – Immuno-Oncology Target Validation
Within the Preclinical Department, you will play a key role in the discovery, investigation and validation of new targets to expand the iTeos pipeline and help develop breakthrough cancer immunotherapies. You will generate robust in vitrodata packages on one or more Immuno-Oncology targets, helping to guide decision making and timely progression to development and clinical trials.
- Lead the validation of new targets by providing key data all along the project development towards a preclinical program and later on, to the clinic (50% time in the lab).
- Design, validate and carry experimental in vitro immunoassays using Standard Operating Procedures.
- Develop new immunoassays that will help deepen the biological knowledge of the drug target and characterize the mode of action of biologic candidates.
- Compile, summarize and critically analyze data in order to present them at project team meetings.
- Show strong ownership by being up to date with the project literature and more broadly with the immune-oncology field.
- Collaborate with external contacts, either with academic partners or with CRO’s.
- PhD and/or post-doc in (Tumour) Immunology.
- Hands-on experience in the biotech/pharma industry would be valued and give you access to the Senior Scientist position.
- Strong expertise in immunology techniques such as primary cell isolation, setting-up immune cell-based assays (e.g. in vitro stimulation of immune cells, suppression assays, antigen recall assays) and advanced flow cytometry.
- Additional molecular cell biology/immunology techniques are assets.
- Strong track record of scientific publications or productivity (posters, presentations, etc.).
- Excellent command of English (oral and written).
- Committed and detail-oriented, strong sense of time management and flexibility.
- You are both autonomous and a team player with an inquisitive mindset and strong problem-solving skills.
- You are very open-minded and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A stimulating position within a high-potential innovative biotech company.
- The opportunity to work in a science-driven, dynamic, human‐sized, respectful and professional environment.
- A challenging scientific and business growth in which you get to bring your knowledge and skills.
- A permanent contract with an attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.