Based in Brussels (Belgium), FIGIEFA is the European federation and political representative of the independent wholesalers and retailers of automotive replacement parts. Together with its 19 national European Member State members, it represents the interests of more than 30.000 companies trading with vehicle parts, components and accessories throughout Europe.
The aim of FIGIEFA is to safeguard a legislative environment in the EU that provides access to technical information, to the ‘connected vehicle’ and its in-vehicle data as well as to replacement parts/equipment as the basis for free and fair competition in the automotive aftermarket in a rapidly changing automotive technology environment.
In order to support the activities of its office in Brussels, we are currently looking for a (m/f):
European Automotive Business Influencer
As a European Automotive Business Influencer, you are an important part of the senior management team for policy and strategy. You lead all technical and ‘connected vehicle’ IT-related EU dossiers in the automotive aftermarket and influence business leaders, decision makers and EU authorities in order to meet FIGIEFA’s mission.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Lead FIGIEFA’s approach in all technical and ‘connected vehicle’ IT-related matters.
- Participate in meetings (in Brussels or EU or at UNECE level) and take responsibility for the management of technical subjects and dossiers (e.g. telematics, EC type-approval legislation).
- Support the FIGIEFA Secretariat in its information activities and meetings.
- Advise and prepare answers on upcoming questions from the EU institutions and help in the preparation of position papers.
- Liaise with FIGIEFA’s partner alliance associations.
- Communicate with FIGIEFA legal/political experts and work out common strategies, statements, papers and positions.
- Report results and work evolution on a regular basis amongst the FIGIEFA’s team.
- You are a senior automotive business and/or technical Executive.
- You are expert in IT technologies around the ‘connected vehicle’ (e.g. telematics and cybersecurity).
- You have a sound understanding of vehicle communication, vehicle design/functionality, diagnostics or contemporary vehicle technologies.
- You preferably have some knowledge of the European automotive legislative landscape/legislation.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills in English, with strong interpersonal skills.
- You are flexible, proactive, autonomous and team-player.
- You are able to assess the business consequences of new EU legislation, automotive technologies and vehicle related services.
- You live in the remit of travelling distance to Brussels or are prepared to delocate to Brussels.
- A challenging position within a strong impact on a multi-national political environment.
- The opportunity to tackle a wide range of automotive technical and business issues.
- The mission to promote free and fair competition in the automotive aftermarket.
- Various contacts with European and international institutions.
- An appropriate salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.