iTeos Therapeutics is a publicly-held (NASDAQ: ITOS), clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to extending and improving the lives of cancer patients by designing and developing next generation immunotherapies. Based in Gosselies, Belgium and Cambridge, MA, iTeos Therapeutics was founded out of the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research (LICR) and the de Duve Institute (UCLouvain) in 2011. In March 2020, iTeos Therapeutics completed a $125 million Series B2 financing, and in July 2020, the company completed its IPO raising over $200million of proceeds. This additional capital will allow the company to continue to develop its clinical pipeline and expand its preclinical pipeline by investing in the discovery research team.
iTeos Therapeutics’ innovative pipeline includes two clinical-stage programs targeting novel, validated immuno-oncology pathways. EOS-850, is designed as a highly selective small molecule antagonist of the adenosine A2a receptor, a key driver of immunosuppression in the tumor microenvironment across a broad range of tumors. EOS-850 is being investigated in an open-label Phase 1/2a clinical trial in adult patients with advanced solid tumors. The lead antibody product candidate, EOS-448, is an antagonist of TIGIT, also designed to engage the Fc gamma receptor, or FcγR,. An open-label Phase 1/2a clinical trial of EOS-448 is currently ongoing in adult patients with advanced solid tumors. iTeos Therapeutics also continues to expand its pipeline through internal research efforts and external collaboration with leading scientists.
For more information, please visit www.iteostherapeutics.com.
To reinforce its translational medicine team, iTeos Therapeutics is currently looking for a (m/f) :
Translational medicine – Immuno-oncology
Within the Translational Medicine team, you will play a key role in the evaluation of the mechanisms of action of our immune oncology drugs in clinical development and support the selection of biomarkers. You will generate robust in vitro data on the products under clinical development, helping to interpret data obtained in clinical trials and refining our biomarker strategy.
Your main responsibilities will be to :
- Coordinate with colleagues from the Translational Medicine or Pharmacology teams, design and perform independently complex experiments to assess the function and effect of iTeos drugs and to test new biomarkers in various immunology systems (i.e. immunophenotyping experiments, functional immunoassays as well as molecular biology and ELISA-based assays in human samples).
- Identify and establish in the laboratory relevant immunoassays and technical approaches.
- Compile, document, critically analyze experimental results in order to present them at project team meetings.
- Show strong ownership by being up to date with the project literature and more broadly with the immune-oncology field.
- Write technical reports and contribute to scientific articles.
- Share your expertise e.g. in immunoassays with other people and other teams within the company.
- Collaborate with external contacts, either with academic partners or with CRO’s.
- PhD and/or post-doc in (Tumour) Immunology.
- Hands-on experience in the biotech/pharma industry would be valued and give you access to the Senior Scientist position.
- Strong expertise in immunology techniques including functional immunoassays (e.g. in vitro stimulation of immune cells) and multi-parametric flow cytometry.
- Strong background in molecular biology assays (such as qRT-PCR, NGS is a plus).
- Previous experience in handling human blood samples and/or tissues for primary cell isolation is required.
- Excellent command of English (oral and written), French is a plus.
- Committed and detail-oriented, strong sense of time management and flexibility.
- You are both autonomous and a team player with an inquisitive mindset and strong problem-solving skills.
- You are very open-minded and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A stimulating position within a high-potential innovative biotech company.
- The opportunity to work in a science-driven, dynamic, human‐sized, respectful and professional environment.
- A challenging scientific and business growth in which you get to bring your knowledge and skills.
- An extensive networking inside the company, the biotech/pharma sector and the scientific world.
- A permanent contract with an attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.