ChromaCure is a biotech company focusing on oncology drugs development. The mission of ChromaCure is to provide innovative solutions based on small molecules therapeutics.
Based in Louvain-la-Neuve and reinforced by its 17 million euros fundraising success, ChromaCure offers a French and English-speaking environment, culturally diversified and located in the heart of Europe, in Belgium, within easy reach of several European Capitals.
To strengthen the ChromaCure in vivo team based in campus Erasme (ULB, Brussels), we’re looking for a (m/f): Research Assistant – Cell Biology.
As a Research Assistant in cell biology, you perform bench experiment in order to support the in vivo team and to contribute to ChromaCure’s drug development program from target validation to development of innovative cancer immunotherapies.
Your main responsibilities are as follows:
- Maintain, amplify mammalian cell lines
- Collect organs/tumors on euthanized animals and embed samples in OCT/Paraffin blocks
- Cut histological slides with a Cryostat and perform immunostaining of organs/tumors
- Analyze histological slides on a fluorescence microscope
- Dissociate tumors and perform immunostaining of freshly isolated cells for Flow Cytometry analysis and sorting
- Perform RNA extraction, RT and qPCR
- Encode tumor measurements performed by the in vivo team
- Collaborate and contribute to the ongoing activities together with the other team members.
- Participate to the management and maintenance of the laboratory.
- Report work evolution on a regular basis.
- You hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biology and biomedical sciences.
- You have an excellent knowledge and hands-on experience with cell culture (at least 3 months); knowledge of animal tissue collection and preparation as well Flow Cytometry is useful.
- You are rigorous, detail-oriented, meticulous and able to perform experiments according to deadlines.
- You have a collaborative mindset and working in teams is an absolute requirement;
- Basic command of English language.
- A 6 months contracts in a scientific position within a high-potential innovative biotech company.
- The opportunity to take part in a challenging and cutting-edge development program.
- An attractive compensation package in line with the position’s responsibilities and your experience.
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential