E2 Drives is a young engineering company active in electric mobility. E2 Drives is specialized in mechanics, electronics, electric motor design and embedded control. In recent years, they developed an innovative and disruptive powertrain for electric bikes. This patented technology offers comfort, robustness and performance to the cyclist thanks to its all-in-one and internal automatic gearbox design. E2 Drives mission is to revolutionize the way people are commuting, thanks to its disruptive eBike propulsion system.
E2 Drives continuously improves the complex control of its powertrain and the optimization of its control embedded software using Matlab Simulink. The tech company is based in Genval (a nice place in the South-East of Brussels) and can count on a team of 14 young, dynamic and smartprofessionals.
In order to continue the growth of E2 Drives, we are looking for a (m/f): C/C++ Firmware Developer.
Reporting to the CTO, you develop embedded firmware for the motor control PCB. Based on internal objectives, you indentify and propose new improvement and implement these to comply with standard coding rules and norms.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Propose code improvements and implement them in C/C++ into the firmware of our motor control board.
- Adapt, maintain and upgrade C firmware with regards to code quality rules and norms, robustness (by failure analysis) and planning.
- Implement test plan and make related reports.
- Collaborate within the software development team to achieve your objectives.
- Report work evolution on a regular basis.
- Master’s degree in engineering, IT, computer science, or equivalent through experience.
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in a production oriented software engineer position within the industry.
- Experience in C/C++ embedded firmware development.
- Familiar with failure analysis, code quality, robustification and safety requirement.
- Analytical, problem solving skills, rigorous, autonomous and results oriented.
- Fluent in French or in English.
Nice to have:
- Experience with RTO’s.
- Command of bootloader, authentification, and encrypted firmware updates are a plus.
- Experience as a developer in the automotive or related industry.
- Familiar with Git.
- Knowledge in STM32 family peripherals.
- A challenging position within a high-potential innovative start-up.
- To join an electric bikes company with a worldwide ambition.
- The opportunity to work in a human-sized, dynamic and excellence-oriented environment.
- An attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and its context.
- A full-time permanent contract.
Your application and related information you would share will remain strictly confidential.