Based in Gosselies and started over 20 years ago, the Brussels South Charleroi Biopark (BSCB) manages a unique ecosystem that includes scientific experts, companies active in the biotech sector, either in drug development or services, and financial investors that are ready to support startups. It has become the leading biotech hub in Belgium, with more than 80 companies including local startups and US/Canadian multinationals, 3000 employees and a leading expertise in cell and gene therapy.
The first and main mission of BSCB is to continue this legacy by attracting and incubating promising startups. For more information, please visit https://biopark.be/en
In order to support the Brussels South Charleroi Biopark growth, we’re actively looking for a (m/f) : Head of Incubation.
Reporting directly to the CEO, your main mission will be to drive forward the scouting of promising startups (mostly originating from ULB and universities) and the incubation support. You will be supported by internal expertise of independent experts if needed.
Your main responsibilities are :
- You scout for innovative research projects that could be supporting the creation of a development company (from ULB labs or domains of expertise of the Biopark).
- You provide strategic advice and guidance to academic teams involved in early research.
- You evaluate and contribute to projects with early promising data and look for a first round of financing (pre-seed or seed round).
- You evaluate the scientific potential of the project, the Intellectual Property possibilities and the existing data.
- You design or contribute to the project development plan, including costs for the next milestones.
- You draw or review the Business Plan that includes the market potential value and the product positioning.
- You improve the project pitch for potential investors.
- You ensure project monitoring. You follow up project plans, even serve as a project director for some projects if needed. You contribute to the project by providing advice or looking for external experts during the follow up period.
- You assist the BSCB CEO in special initiatives related to incubation and support for startups, including (i) organizing and expanding network of experts, (ii) launching call for projects (iii) search for market and competitive analysis data.
- You have a Scientific degree. A business degree or business experience is an asset.
- You have a strong experience in the Healthcare sector, ideally in drug discovery.
- You have a good understanding of pharma product development path.
- You have a good business acumen, are able to translate ideas into business plans and drive market research analysis.
- You have strong project management skills and are able to synthetize a data driven analysis with a global view.
- You ideally have experience in startup environment, prior experience with venture capital is an asset.
- You have a natural ability to connect and build trust relationships. You are able to adapt to different environments.
- You are hands-on, self-driven and results oriented. You are eager to transfer your knowledge and experience with an entrepreneur mindset.
- You are fluent in French and English.
- A stimulating job at the heart of an innovative ecosystem.
- A dynamic team that strives to grow this ecosystem.
- A role with a major impact on innovation and people.
- An attractive salary package with the possibility to work as a freelance and to homework for part of your time.
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.