Located 20’ from Brussels, Mirmex Motor is an innovative spin-off company from UCLouvain designing and manufacturing ultra-high-performance SBLDC electric micromotors.
Based on 7 years of university-backed research, the proprietary technology from Mirmex dramatically improves the power/torque density of micromotors, leading to higher performance and more compact motors. The company is fully funded by top tier investors and was recently ranked by the European Commission as the 11th most promising innovative technological project in Europe out of 1,700 applicants. For more information, please visit https://www.mirmexmotor.com
By joining the Mirmex team, you will be part of the development of one of the most cutting-edge and promising mechatronics technologies and you will embark on a fast-growing journey with exciting opportunities.
After record numbers in 2022, Mirmex is growing and currently looking for an (m/f): Industrial Engineer - Motor CAD Design.
As an Industrial Engineer, you design the very best electric micromotors in the world within the existing Mirmex Mechanical Engineering team. Reporting to the Chief Mechanical Engineer, you work with the other engineering teams (electromagnetics, quality, field applications…) to develop, manufacture and market mechatronics projects.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Design micromotor products, motor sub-components, electromechanical systems, testbenches, or production machines for such micromotors by using Solidworks.
- Design, 3Dprint, and test motor prototypes. Create BOMs and drawings in both 2 and 3-dimensional form.
- Interact with suppliers and source components or materials from vendors from all around the world.
- Supervise assistant drafters, consultants, and other operators involved in the project design.
- Perform failure analysis and incoming quality inspections with various dimensional, magnetic, and electrodynamic pieces of equipment.
- Create detailed motor design documentation and assembly manuals.
- Define, create, and maintain CAD and motor development methodologies per ISO13485 standard.
- Configure, deploy, maintain, upgrade, and master the company CAD software and associated roadmap.
- Master’s degree in industrial engineering (Mechanical or Electromechanical), or equivalent work experience. The position is also open to Civil engineers with a strong CAD experience.
- Preferably 2-5 years of experience in CAD mechanical engineering.
- Strong interest and experience in CAD software. Solidworks knowledge is a strong asset.
- Passioned about analyzing, designing, and building ingenious technical solutions.
- Strong knowledge and interest in mechanics concepts and components (bearings, rotors, motor control electronics, electromagnetism, BLDC motors, pneumatics, fasteners, metrology).
- Creative problem-solver, team-worker and taking initiative.
- Hands-on and structured mentality, willingness to get your hands dirty to experiment and test the solutions you developed.
- Fluent communication in English.
- Willingness to travel 5% of the time for occasional customer and supplier meetings, mainly in Europe.
- To be part of the development of one of the most cutting-edge and promising mechatronics technologies.
- To join a most-promising Walloon scale-up company with attractive growth possibilities.
- The opportunity to work in a human-sized, dynamic, respectful and professional environment.
- A competitive package in line with the position responsibilities and the context.
Your application and related information you would share will remain strictly confidential. Our client is an equal opportunity employer.