Our client is actively working to improve the lives of patients supporting medical research, as well as physicians and pharmaceuticals companies in their search for new treatments. Their mission is to de-risk clinical drug development and improve decision making for the development of new medication.
In order to strengthen our client’s team, we are currently looking for a (m/f): Junior Data Mining & Statistical Specialist.
Reporting to a senior Data Mining & Statistical Specialist, you work on mathematical approaches to support Company predictive mathematical Solutions, and design related softwares. You are involved in the design, development, support, and maintenance of mathematical and/or statistical models for algorithm prediction according.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Analysis and interpretation of customer data in collaboration with senior staff members.
- Contribute to further development of algorithms models and statistical analysis (using data mining, Bayesian modeling) of clinical data in collaboration with senior staff members.
- Liaise with the customers to define data transfer, then process data and conduct analysis and reporting according to standard operating procedures.
- Participate in Development of web-based applications with senior staff members.
- Communication about research and findings to technical and non-technical audiences inside and outside the research team.
- Participation in clinical study related document writing.
- Making sure that your activities will take into account:
- feasibility: time and resources evaluation.
- planning in alignment with the other members of the team.
- supported by robust processes to ensure delivery.
Profile & background:
- You have Master or PhD in Statistics, Biostatistics, Mathematics, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- You have a strong interest (by a first experience or traineeship) in computation, particularly in modelling of complex datasets and statistics.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset with the capacity to organize your work.
- You can discuss with non-statisticians/non-mathematicians about your domain of expertise.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills in English (written and spoken).
- You have a background in development of algorithms based on covariable correlation, a first experience or a traineeship is an advantage.
- You are familiar with statistical softwares (e.g. R, Matlab, Mathematica, SAS, Python) and Operating System like Linux, Mac OS X and/or MS Win.
- You are acquainted with Bayesian paradigm, Data Mining paradigm and related methodologies.
- Notions of clinical research, compliance, regulatory and economic landscapes would be an asset
- Publications in related field would be an asset
- A challenging position with a strong influence in a fast-moving company with ambitious challenges.
- International environment.
- Human Scale environment with accessible management.
- Working in an innovating company on scientific issues.
- An empowering environment where everyone can have an impact regardless of the seniority.
- An attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.