Founded in 2015 by Laurent and Pierre Martinot, Sunrise aims to democratize access to care for sleep disorders. Currently, about twenty people (located in Belgium and France) work for Sunrise, a scale-up that aims to market its medical device in the United States and Europe.
They develop a 3-gram sensor to diagnose sleep disorders with gold standard quality. The technology offers a revolutionary new way to measure brain commands at night, with unprecedented clinical results. Studies demonstrate that Sunrise is as accurate as in-lab sleep studies, at a fraction of the cost.
Patients, caregivers and insurers stand to benefit greatly from a solution to current highly cumbersome, expensive and time-consuming diagnostic systems.
After a successful launch in selected countries, Sunrise is now growing quickly in international markets. In order to support their growth, we are actively looking for a (f/m): Machine Learning Engineer.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you own, develop, and improve machine learning products in a cross-functional environment. Reporting to the CTO, you use data collection (a.o. from Sunrise medical device) and artificial intelligence in order to improve Sunrise’s products.
Your main responsibilities are as follows:
- You design, develop and implement state-of-the-art machine learing models and algorithms.
- You analyse biological signals and large datasets in order to extract accurate insights.
- You deploy new algorithms in the internal libraries and on the backend services.
- You ensure code quality rules, norms and robustness in a production and clinical-grade environment.
- You provide technical insights to Software Development team to deploy and implement these algorithms on the backend services.
- Your report work evolution on a regular basis the to CTO.
- You hold a PhD. in Machine Learning, Data Sciences, IT or equivalent through experience.
- You have at around 3 years experience in machine learning and big data.
- You demonstrate a strong interest in bio-signal processing: spectral analysis, filtering, etc.
- You show experience in developments involving sequential data:
- biological signals such as ECG, EEG, accelerometers, etc.
- deep learning architecture for sequential data such as LSTM, 1D- CNN, Transform.
- You are autonomous, rigourous and pro-active, with a pragmatic mindset.
- You have strong communication skills, with a great team spirit.
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of French is a plus.
- A fast-paced environment with lots of challenges and innovations!
- To take part in a challenging project with high impact.
- A place within a young team with mutual aid and desire to perform.
- A brand-new working environment: they just moved in their offices!
- A competitive salary package in line with your profile and the environment.
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.