E2 Drives is a young engineering company active in electric mobility. E2 Drives is specialized in mechanics, electronics, electric motor design and embedded control. In recent years, they developed an innovative and disruptive powertrain for electric bikes. This patented technology offers comfort, robustness and performance to the cyclist thanks to its all-in-one and internal automatic gearbox design. E2 Drives mission is to revolutionize the way people are commuting, thanks to its disruptive eBike propulsion system.
E2 Drives continuously improves the complex control of its powertrain and the optimization of its control embedded software using Matlab Simulink. The tech company is based in Genval (a nice place in the South-East of Brussels) and can count on a team of 14 young, dynamic and smart professionals.
In order to continue the growth of E2 Drives, we are looking for a (m/f): Motor Control Engineer - Simulink.
Reporting to the CTO, you are in charge of implementing and improving the embedded software driving theelectric machines of the powertrain, using Model-Based Design (MBD) methods. Within the development team, you closely work with the Simulink Modeling Engineer and the Electronics Hardware Engineer.
Your responsibilities include:
- You improve the embedded software based on the inputs from the Product Manager.
- You test the new strategies, take measures and write down validation reports.
- You implement control strategies in embedded C-code, manually or auto-generated.
- You create documentation and tools in order to facilitate the knowledge transfer.
- You develop production-quality code integrating embedded code standards.
- You actively pursue performance and efficiency improvement.
- You define requirements for motor control software and interface hardware components including currentsensors, angle sensors, MOSFETs, …
- You hold a PhD or master’s degree in Engineering or equivalent through experience.
- You have a strong experience in modeling and simulation of complex automatic systems on Matlab Simulink (coding, Model-based design, auto-generation of embedded code, Model in the Loop).
- You ideally show an experience in low level embedded C code programming.
- You like working in a fast-growing company (polyvalent duties).
- You are motivated by solving problems.
- You have an analytical mind, you are autonomous, proactive and results oriented.
- Experience in electric motor control is a plus.
- You speak fluently English or French.
- A challenging position within a high-potential tech company.
- To join an electric bikes company with a worldwide ambition.
- The opportunity to work in a human-sized, dynamic and excellence-oriented environment.
- An attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and its context.
- A full-time permanent contract.
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.