Located 20’ from Brussels in the scientific parc of Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium), Mirmex Motor is an innovative spin-off company from UCLouvain designing and manufacturing ultra-high-performance SBLDC electric micromotors.
Based on 7 years of university-backed research, the proprietary technology from Mirmex dramatically improves the power/torque density of micromotors, leading to higher performance and more compact motors. The company is fully funded by top tier investors and was recently ranked by the European Commission as the 11th most promising innovative technological project in Europe out of 1,700 applicants.
By joining the team, you will be part of the development of one of the most cutting-edge and promising mechatronics technologies and you will embark on a fast-growing journey with exciting opportunities.
As Motor Test & Validation Engineer, you design and perform motor tests according to existing procedures, acquire/analyse engineering lab motor data, validate new testbenches designs, participate to customer projects. This position is reporting to the engineering leadership team.
Your main responsibilities are:
- In collaboration with the engineering leadership team, you determine test campaign and define the technical contents of the tests.
- You write test specifications based on internal and external customer/ standard requirements.
- Execution of complex functional tests and measurements on prototype units and components
- You troubleshoot any errors and streamline the testing procedures.
- You design the technical architecture of the test bench, install it and launch the tests.
- You analyse the results and write the test reports, you share your results with the engineering leadership team.
- You manage specific test setups and the associated safety.
- You propose improvements to test infrastructure, test processes and procedures.
- You create documentation and tools in order to facilitate the knowledge transfer.
- You are the contact person for the validation plan.
- You hold a master’s degree in Industrial/Civil Electromechanical or Electronics Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in mechatronics, electrical motors field or qualification engineering role.
- You have experience in design and assembly of test set ups and electro-mechanical testbenches.
- You have strong knowledge and interest in electromechanics concepts and components.
- You have strong interest and skills in prototyping: PCB design, 3D printing, basic 3D modelling, building and adjusting of electrical, electronic and mechanical components.
- Excellent hands-on mechanical & electronics lab skills and experience (70% practical engineering – 30% theoretical engineering).
- Excellent organisation and good analytical problem-solving skills.
- Good entrepreneurial, adaptability, and achievement driven skills.
- Fluency in English. Any other language is an asset.
- Willing to travel (max 10-15% of the time), for occasional customer and supplier meetings.
- A challenging position within a high-potential innovative start-up.
- To join a fast-growing university spin-off with attractive growth possibilities.
- The opportunity to work in a human-sized, dynamic and excellence-oriented environment.
- An attractive package in line with the position responsibilities and the context (a company car, 26 days of paid holidays, meal vouchers, and a full DKV medical coverage).
- A full-time permanent contract.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer.