iTeos Therapeutics is a publicly-held (NASDAQ: ITOS), clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to extending and improving the lives of cancer patients by designing and developing next generation immunotherapies.
Based in Gosselies, Belgium and Cambridge, MA, iTeos Therapeutics was founded out of the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research (LICR) and the de Duve Institute (UCLouvain) in 2011. In March 2020, the Company completed a $125 million Series B2 financing, and in July 2020, we completed our IPO raising over $200 million in gross proceeds.
This additional capital will allow us to continue to develop our clinical pipeline and maintain our investments in our discovery research team to leverage its fantastic science to improve the lives of cancer patients.
For more information, please visit www.iteostherapeutics.com.
To carry on its growth and reinforce its team, iTeos Therapeutics is looking for a (m/f): Postdoctoral fellow – Drug Discovery.
iTeos Therapeutics is actively looking for a creative and highly motivated Postdoctoral fellow with a PhD in the field of Immunology or Pharmacology to join the Drug Discovery Team. The project will be focused on expanding iTeos pipeline and discovering breakthrough cancer immunotherapies and the successful candidate will play a key role in designing and performing screening activities, validation of drug target and elucidation of drug mechanism of action. In this role, he/she will work independently in the design, execution and interpretation of multiple in vitro studies, as well as actively working in a multidisciplinary team. The lab has access to state-of-the-art flow cytometry facilities, automation for high-throughput screening and all the necessary expertise to successfully complete the project. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and talented postdoc that wants to grow as an independent scientist while contributing in a meaningful way to the development of innovative immune-oncology drugs for cancer patients.
- Identify next generation immune-oncology targets by a deep understanding of immunology combined to an ambitious mindset to explore new biology.
- Develop and validate in vitro immunoassays for screening purposes leading to the identification of novel anti-cancer drug candidates, validation of drug targets and characterization of their mechanism of action.
- Design and perform in vitro immunoassays using Standard Operating Procedures.
- Compile, summarize and critically analyze data to present them at team and company meetings.
- Demonstrate ownership by being up-to-date with the project literature and more broadly with the immune-oncology field.
- Share immunoassay expertise with other teams within iTeos and collaborate with external partners.
- PhD degree and/or postdoc in (Tumor) Immunology or Pharmacological Sciences.
- Strong expertise in immunology techniques such as primary cell isolation, setting-up immune cell-based assays (in vitro stimulation of immune cells, suppression assays, for example) and proficiency in flow cytometry are a must.
- Additional immunology/molecular cell biology/pharmacology techniques (ELISA/MSD/EliSpot, transcriptomic analysis, drug potency and efficacy assays) are important assets.
- Familiarity with automation would be an advantage.
- Strong track record of scientific publications or productivity (posters, presentations, etc.).
- Hands-on experience in the biotech/pharma industry or familiarity with drug development would be an advantage.
- Very good oral and written communication in English.
- Committed, detail-oriented, with excellent record-keeping skills and the ability to analyze datasets in a timely manner.
- You are both autonomous and a team player with an inquisitive mindset and strong problem-solving skills.
- You are very open-minded and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Contributing to iTeos goal to continue discovering and developing innovative immunotherapies to treat cancer patients.
- A stimulating research position within a high-potential innovative biotech company.
- The opportunity to work in a science-driven, dynamic, human‐sized, respectful and professional environment.
- A challenging scientific and business growth in which you get to bring your knowledge and skills.
- A 2-year fix-term contract with an attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience and possibility to extend to a permanent position afterwards.
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.