iTeos Therapeutics is a publicly-held (NASDAQ: ITOS), clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to extending and improving the lives of cancer patients by designing and developing next generation immunotherapies.
Based in Gosselies, Belgium and Cambridge, MA, iTeos Therapeutics was founded out of the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research (LICR) and the de Duve Institute (UCLouvain) in 2011.
In March 2020, the Company completed a $125 million Series B2 financing, and in July 2020, we completed our IPO raising over $230million of gross proceeds. In June 2021, iTeos entered into a transformative $2.145 billion co-development and co-commercialization agreement with GSK for EOS-448, iTeos’s anti-TIGITmonoclonal antibody. As a well-capitalized biotech company iTeos is positioned to continue to develop our clinical pipeline and maintain our investments in our discovery research team to leverage our fantastic science to improve the lives of cancer patients.
For more information, please visit www.iteostherapeutics.com.
iTeos Therapeutics is now a world-class biotech in cancer immunotherapy. To carry on its growth, expand its pipeline and reinforce its team, iTeos Therapeutics is looking for a Scientist Preclinical Research & Development.
The Preclinical Research & Development Team is looking for a highly talented, motivated and driven Scientist to develop innovative ex vivo culture systems with human cancer tissue. These systems will be used to profile small molecules and antibodies in our preclinical pipeline and assess whether novel combinations of our clinical-stage assets hold promise for future clinical trials. This represents an outstanding opportunity for someone looking to transform groundbreaking research into new therapies for people living with cancer. The candidate will work closely with a small team of experienced research assistants and develop to direct the work of others effectively. The candidate should have an inquisitive, dynamic and co-operative nature with a rigorous approach to data generation.
The successful candidate will have a strong scientific background in immunology and/or oncology and excellent communication skills.
- Develop a deep understanding of the biology behind targets of interest by monitoring scientific literature and lead the development of novel systems to explore their therapeutic potential.
- Design and execute experiments involving human patient cancer material and a wide range of immunoassays according to standard operating procedures with an expected time in the lab of 50%.
- Generate datasets to support decision making at all levels of project development towards the clinic – from target validation to candidate selection and Investigational New Drug-enabling studies.
- Critically analyze, compile and summarize data for presentation at project team meetings.
- Collaborate effectively across all functional groups at iTeos, share biology knowledge and target understanding across functions within the project team.
- Demonstrate strong project ownership, pro-active problem solving and a willingness to stay with problems until solutions are found.
- Actively contribute to certain aspects of lab management as required.
- PhD and/or post-doc in Immunology or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant hands-on experience in the biotech/pharma industry or in a similar academic position.
- Strong track record of scientific publications or productivity (posters, presentations, etc.)
- Experience of working with human tissue, while not essential, will be viewed positively.
- Expertise in various immunology techniques such as primary cell isolation, setting-up immune cell-based assays (in vitro stimulation of immune cells, antigen recall assays for example), advanced flow cytometry and cytokine analysis (e.g. by ELISA/MSD/Luminex).
- Experience with additional techniques (e.g. RNAseq, gene expression analysis, immunohistochemistry) will be helpful. Additional skillsets will also be considered.
- Committed to rigorous data generation, analysis and interpretation and passionate about science.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Dedicated and detail-oriented, you have a strong sense of time management and a good ability to adapt to changes in priorities and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Excellent command of English (oral and written).
- A stimulating position within a high-potential innovative biotech company.
- The opportunity to work in a science-driven, dynamic, respectful, and professional environment.
- A challenging scientific and business growth in which you get to bring your knowledge and skills.
- A permanent contract with an attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.