iTeos Therapeutics is a publicly-held (NASDAQ: ITOS), clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to extending and improving the lives of cancer patients by designing and developing next generation immunotherapies.
Based in Gosselies, Belgium and Cambridge, MA, iTeos Therapeutics was founded out of the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research (LICR) and the de Duve Institute (UCLouvain) in 2011.
In March 2020, the Company completed a $125 million Series B2 financing, and in July 2020, we completed our IPO raising over $230million of gross proceeds. In June 2021, iTeos entered into a transformative $2.145 billion co-development and co-commercialization agreement with GSK for EOS-448, iTeos’s anti-TIGITmonoclonal antibody. As a well-capitalized biotech company iTeos is positioned to continue to develop our clinical pipeline and maintain our investments in our discovery research team to leverage our fantastic science to improve the lives of cancer patients.
For more information, please visit www.iteostherapeutics.com.
iTeos Therapeutics is now a world-class biotech in cancer immunotherapy. To carry on its growth, expand its pipeline and reinforce its team, iTeos Therapeutics is looking for a (m/f) : Senior Scientist – Translational Medicine in immuno-oncology
Key responsibilities :
Within its Translational Medicine (TM) Department, iTeos is currently actively looking for a highly motivated and creative Scientist with expertise in immuno-oncology or immunology research to take a key role supporting the discovery of biomarkers for pharmaco-dynamic analysis and patient selection. The selected candidate will work in close interaction with the Translational Medicine Project Leads, TM scientists and members of the Clinical team to select biomarkers, ensure access to state of the art technologies and evaluate their scientific basis and clinical applicability. He/she will support the development and outsourcing of clinically applicable biomarker assays, ensure the assays are suitably validated/qualified and aid any trouble shooting in technique development. He/she will also be responsible for data analysis and interpretation including running relevant statistical tests. Finally, in close interaction with the TM Lead and the clinical team, he/she will contribute to building the scientific rationale supporting the clinical strategy.
More specifically, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Actively participating in the development and implementation of biomarker strategies for diverse projects
- Performing experimental work to assist with the selection, development and implementation of biomarker assays including pharmacodynamic, predictive, prognostic, and safety biomarkers for diverse clinical-stage projects
- Ensureing the feasibility of such assays in a clinical setting and their implementation in clinical trials. This includes the selection of external analytical laboratories, monitoring of the transfer and validation of the assays, troubleshouting, follow-up of clinical testing activities and analysis of the data.
- Performing complex data analysis from pharmacodynamic and patient selection biomarker testing across several functional areas, and interpret them.
- Performing experimental work on human samples from biobanks, internally and in collaboration with academic partners, to build a scientific rationale to select indications to support the clinical strategy of the project(s).
- Mentoring the experimental work of research assistant(s)
- PhD, MD/PhD in Cancer Biology, Immunology, Cell, or Molecular Biology with a minimum of 3 years of relevant post-doctoral research experience in analyzing human samples and/or monitoring analysis of biological markers during clinical trials. Must have expertise in immuno-oncology or immunology.
- Direct experience with the discovery and characterization of biomarkers using flow cytometry, proteomics, molecular biology and/or immunohistochemistry of human tissue specimens.
- Experience in qualification/validation, development, and outsourcing of clinically applicable biomarker assays.
- Experience in implementing bio-assays in clinical studies and analyzing corresponding data.
- Understanding of GCP/GCLP guidelines and current global regulations.
- Understanding of trial design and monitoring.
- Masterin Office tools as well as data analysis software (eg xls, Prism, Jump)Fluent in English (oral and written). French is a plus.
- Strong project and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Resilence with the ability to adapt to changes in priorities and to work effectively on multiple immune oncology programs in a fast paced environment.
- Although largely expected to work independently, you will have be able to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Motivated with a eye for detail.
- A stimulating position within a high-potential innovative biotech company
- The opportunity to work in a science-driven, dynamic, human‐sized, respectful and professional environment
- A challenging scientific and business growth in which you get to bring your knowledge and skills
- A permanent contract with an attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience
Nous traitons votre candidature rapidement et de manière strictement confidentielle.