EIT Food is Europe’s leading food innovation initiative, working to make the food system more sustainable, healthy and trusted . The initiative is made up of a consortium of +200 key industry players, startups, research centers and universities from across Europe.
EIT Food’s mission is to accelerate the innovation process by catalyzing entrepreneurship and fostering open innovation. EIT Food supports agrifood entrepreneurs to launch, accelerate and scale innovative businesses. EIT Food supports start-ups to access funding with direct funding and with a community of investors.
In order to reinforce EIT Food’s team, we are looking for a (m/f): Senior Investment Manager.
Reporting to the Director of Business Creation, you support the agrifood entrepreneurs in their business development challenges, and you manage EIT Food’s investment strategy.
Your responsibilities include:
- You manage the direct financial support and investment activities of EIT Food:
- You develop a strong deal pipeline and lead the evaluation of investment opportunities.
- You lead the investment process: evaluation, structuring, negotiation, and financing.
- You manage the post-investment portfolio and assist in the value creation process.
- You act as board observer to selected portfolio companies.
- You closely collaborate with the FoodSparks® fund Manager and identify co-investment opportunities.
- You coordinate the investors community and facilitate the connections with start-ups.
- You contribute to the start-up strategy development and you help them in accessing finance.
- You align the activities with the EIT / EU guidelines, lead the monitoring and reporting of the activities.
- You hold a Master or PhD, ideally with a MBA, or equivalent through experience.
- You have at least 5 years’ experience within VC investment, corporate venture unit, start-up, innovation accelerator, venture builder or strategy consulting firm linked to the AgriFood sector.
- Experience in the management of EU funded projects is an important asset
- You are entrepreneurial and creative. You constantly challenge status quo.
- You are proactive and flexible, with excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication & presentation skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in small (multi-national) teams.
- You fluently speak English. The command of any other European language is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Microsoft Excel).
- A challenging and stimulating position within the leading European food innovation initiative.
- To contribute to innovative agrifood business development and high-impact investments.
- The opportunity to work in a human-sized, dynamic and excellence-oriented environment.
- An attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and its context.
- A full-time permanent contract.
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.
EIT Food is an equal opportunity employer, offering each candidate matching the minimum obligatory qualifications and experiences an equal chance in employment and promotion procedures.