Our client is a high-potential MedTech start-up company based in Belgium. They develop high-end innovative and disruptive therapies aiming to improve and save patients’ lives. The Company is financially backed by strong international investors and shows great business ambition.
In order to lead strategic R&D projects critical to the Company, we are looking for a (m/f): Senior R&D Director
As a Senior R&D Director, you lead strategic R&D projects, especially in soft- and hardware components. Reporting to the CEO, and as a member of the Management Executive Committee, you lead innovation within the Company.
Your main responsibilities are:
- You lead strategic R&D projects from a to z: specifications, design, prototype, industrialisation, manufacturing, and commercial release.
- You ensure resources, processes, procedures and controls are adapted to the projects’ needs.
- You lead internal and external project teams with respect to timelines, budgets, quality, safety and business requirements.
- You analyze the market, select, lead and manage suppliers, vendors, contractors and external partners in order to meet the innovation goals.
- You take account of medical safety requirements, FMEA and risk analysis. You prepare validation plans in line with company documentation, CE and FDA requirements and industry standards.
- You lead development and manufacturing activities in compliance to the Quality Management Systems (ISO 13485 environment).
- You are a key person of contact for KOL, scientific experts and governmental authorities.
- You report results and work evolution on a regular basis to the top management.
- You assist the CEO in representing the Company to internal and external stakeholders.
- Engineering Master’s degree or PhD in Electronics, IT or related fields.
- 10 years’ experience in R&D positions within MedTech companies.
- Expertise in hard- and software technologies.
- Excellent project management methodologies and tools.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with hands-on and pragmatic mind-set.
- Very good organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly collaborative, self-motivated and team-oriented individual in a company setting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Any other language is a plus.
- You are likely to travel up to 20% of your work time.
- Despite joining at senior level, you are a hands-on person and can lead and manage the team as well as perform some of the work at task.
- A leading and challenging position within a high-potential innovative MedTech.
- To work in a human size, dynamic, respectful and professional environment.
- International exposure, with development and evolution opportunities.
- Varied contacts through external collaborations and partnerships.
- An attractive salary package in line with the responsibilities and your experience.
Nous traitons votre candidature rapidement et de manière strictement confidentielle.