Founded in April 2014 in Grenoble (France) as a spin-off of the French Blood Bank (Etablissement Français du Sang, EFS), PDC*line Pharma is a Belgian-French biotech company that is developing a novel class of off-the-shelf cancer immunotherapies based on a proprietary Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cell line (PDC*line) pre-loaded with peptides that are derived from target tumor antigens.
After a first-in-human feasibility clinical study in melanoma, PDC*line Pharma is focusing on lung cancer with a new candidate in phase 1b/2 clinical trial (PDC*lung) and neoantigens (PDC*Neo). The company currently comprises for 25 people and has an experienced management team.
In March 2019, PDC*line Pharma signed a licensing deal with a leading Korean pharmaceutical company for the development and commercialization of PDC*lung cancer vaccine for lung cancer in Asia.
The total deal value is 108M€ (123M$) plus tiered royalties on sales. The company has raised 52 M€ of capital and non dilutive funding, with strong participation of leading Belgian and South Korean investors.
In order to reinforce the R&D team based in Liège, we are actively looking for a (m/f): Senior R&D Scientist.
As a Senior R&D Scientist, you report directly to the R&D Manager and carry out the activities related to the development and optimization of the company’s products. You collaborate with the production and QC department, as well as with the clinical team.
Your main responsibilities are :
- You organize and lead projects :
- Experimental design and experimental implementation related to the R&D strategy.
- You draft study plans and study reports.
- You synthesize, interpret and exploit the research results.
- You write or review the procedures, participate to their life-cycle.
- You supervise, coach and train the R&D personal.
- You manage external collaborations (industrial, academic, service providers, and CRO) related to R&D activities and clinical translational activities.
- You participate in the implementation and the follow-up of the secondary and exploratory objectives of the clinical trial, and all activities related to clinical translational research
- You write activities reports and scientific manuscripts.
- You make scientific presentations to internal and external audiences.
- You participate in the management of human derived material sample collection.
- You respect and monitor the application of the cGMP, GLP and GCP standards imposed by the Quality Management System, according to the rules and guidelines applicable for investigational products.
- You participate to risk assessment and management.
- You participate into the management, overview and implementation of environmental and safety guidelines and directives in Liege laboratories.
- You assume routine tasks related to the good management of the laboratory (shared responsibility between all operators), including logistics, cleaning and maintenance of equipment, etc.
- You have a PhD in Science with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience.
- You are specialized in Cellular Immunology.
- You have a strong knowledge of Flow cytometry and cell sorting using Flow cytometry.
- You are familiar with the main technologies in cell biology, biochemistry and molecular biology.
- You have a good knowledge of animal experimentation.
- You have a good experience in project management in an industrial environment.
- You have a very good command of English (fluent English).
- A stimulating position within a biotech backed by strongs investors.
- The opportunity to work in a human-sized, dynamic and professional environment.
- A challenging scientific and business growth in which you get to bring your knowledge and skills.
- An employment agreement contract with an attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.