iTeos Therapeutics is a publicly-held (NASDAQ: ITOS), clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to extending and improving the lives of cancer patients by designing and developing next generation immunotherapies.
Based in Gosselies, Belgium and Cambridge, MA, iTeos Therapeutics was founded out of the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research (LICR) and the de Duve Institute (UCLouvain) in 2011.
In March 2020, the Company completed a $125 million Series B2 financing, and in July 2020, we completed our IPO raising over $230million of gross proceeds. In June 2021, iTeos entered into a transformative $2.145 billion co-development and co-commercialization agreement with GSK for EOS-448, iTeos’s anti-TIGITmonoclonal antibody. As a well-capitalized biotech company iTeos is positioned to continue to develop our clinical pipeline and maintain our investments in our discovery research team to leverage our fantastic science to improve the lives of cancer patients.
For more information, please visit www.iteostherapeutics.com.
iTeos Therapeutics is now a world-class biotech in cancer immunotherapy. To carry on its growth, expand its pipeline and reinforce its team, iTeos Therapeutics is looking for a Senior Scientist.
The Senior Scientist Preclinical R&D is a key position in the Research and Development Department.
We expect the successful applicant to be at the core of the Drug Discovery Process and for this, will need to leverage his/her expertise within our R&D team focused on Biologics but also to work in close interaction with the in vivo Pharmacology and Translational Medicine groups. Practically speaking, in this role, he/she will work independently and as part of a multidisciplanry project team and lead the generation of robust data packages on one or more IO targets, helping to guide decision making and timely progression to clinical trials. The position also involves direct mentoring of scientist/research assistant and collaboration with external academics and contract research organization collaborators to accelerate new oncology therapies.
Overall, this is a unique opportunity for an ambitious and talented scientist eager to contribute in a meaningful way to the development of innovative IO drugs for cancer patients.
The successful candidate will have a strong R&D scientific background in immunology and/or oncology and excellent communication skills.
- Lead in vitro preclinical activities for a given Biologic target together with Scientists from a multidisciplinary project team
- Drive the design and execution of in vitro immunoassays using Standard Operating Procedures toprovide key data that will support timely decision points all along the project development towards the clinic: from drug candidate selection to IND-enabling studies.
- Forge a deep understanding of the target biology using both healthy and tumor models will be crucial to successfully achieve the above objective. Overall timekeeping in the lab will be in between 10-25%, based on the candidate profile and project requirements.
- Compile, summarize and critically analyze data in order to present them at project team meetings.
- Develop state-of-the Art techniques that will help deepen the biological knowledge of potential target and characterize the mode of action of existing assets. Share this immunoassay expertise with other teams within the company.
- Collaborate across all functional groups at iTeos, being responsible to share biology knowledge and target understanding across functions within the project team.
- Providing clear recommendations to senior teams for the promotion of projects to the drug discovery/preclinical stage.
- Show strong ownership by being up-to-date with the target literature and stay abreast of new data in the IO space.
- In collaboration with colleagues in BD and R&D, bring new ideas and review emerging targets and assets in the IO space with a view to identify opportunities to build the pipeline
- PhD and/or post-doc in (Tumour) Immunology
- Minimum 5 years of relevant hands-on experience in the biotech/pharma industry or in a similar academic position.
- Strong track record of scientific publications or productivity (posters, presentations, etc.). Proven scientific track record in early drug discovery projects will be an advantage.
- Strong expertise in immunology techniques such as primary cell isolation, setting-up immune cell based assays (in vitro stimulation of immune cells, suppression assays, antigen recall assays for example) and advanced flow cytometry are indispensable.
- Additional molecular cell biology/immunology techniques are important assets (ELISA/MSD/Luminex, (single) gene expression analysis or CRISPR-based genomic screening tools) as well as cell-based assays for drug-discovery.
- Passionnate by Science and commited to rigorous data analyses and interpretation.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence while being also team player.
- You are very open-minded and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Dedicated and detail-oriented, you have a strong sense of time management and a good ability to adapt to changes in priorities and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Excellent command of English (oral and written).
- A stimulating position within a high-potential innovative biotech company.
- The opportunity to work in a science-driven, dynamic, human‐sized, respectful and professional environment.
- The opportunity to make a significant contribution to oncology drug discovery both for the company and patients.
- An employment agreement with an attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.