iTeos Therapeutics is a publicly held (NASDAQ: ITOS), clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to extending and improving the lives of cancer patients by designing and developing next generation immunotherapies.
Based in Gosselies, Belgium and Watertown, MA, iTeos Therapeutics was founded out of the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research (LICR) and the de Duve Institute (UCLouvain) in 2011.
In March 2020, the Company completed a $125 million Series B2 financing, and in July 2020, we completed our IPO raising over $230million of gross proceeds. In June 2021, iTeos entered into a transformative $2.145 billion co-development and co-commercialization agreement with GSK for EOS-448, iTeos’s anti-TIGITmonoclonal antibody. As a well-capitalized biotech company iTeos is positioned to continue to develop our clinical pipeline and maintain our investments in our discovery research team to leverage our fantastic science to improve the lives of cancer patients.
For more information, please visit www.iteostherapeutics.com.
iTeos Therapeutics is now a world-class actor in the sector. To carry on its growth and reinforce its team, iTeos Therapeutics is looking for a Senior Scientist – In Vivo Preclinical R&D.
The Senior Scientist In vivo Preclinical is a position in the R&D Department and we expect the successful applicant to leverage in vivo expertise, as part of the Target Discovery and Validation group. Practically speaking, in this role, the selected scientist will work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary project team and lead the generation of robust in vivo data packages to support recommendations for further drug discovery effort. The position also involves direct mentoring and supervision of in vivo scientists/research assistants and collaboration with external academics and contract research organization collaborators to accelerate the development of new oncology therapies.
The successful candidate will have a strong R&D scientific background in immunology and/or oncology, in vivo murine models and excellent communication skills.
More specifically, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Lead in vivo preclinical activities for a given target together with Scientists from a multidisciplinary project team.
- Drive the design and execution of in vivo/ex vivo immunoassays to provide key data that will support timely decision making.
- Compile, summarize and critically analyze data in order to present them at project team meetings.
- Develop deep understanding of the target biology using murine tumor models to successfully achieve the above objective. Overall time in the lab will be on average 30%, based on the project requirements.
- Develop new models that will help deepen the biological knowledge of new targets under evaluation and characterize the mode of action of existing assets. Share this in vivo assay expertise with other teams within the company.
- Provide clear recommendations to senior teams for the promotion of projects to the drug discovery/preclinical stage.
- Show strong ownership by being up to date with the target literature and stay abreast of new data in the IO space.
- In collaboration with colleagues in BD and R&D, bring new ideas and review emerging targets and assets in the IO space with a view to identify opportunities to build the pipeline.
- PhD and/or post-doc in (Tumour) Immunology, holding a FELASA certificate or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant hands-on experience in the biotech/pharma industry or in a similar academic position.
- Strong track record of scientific publications or productivity (posters, presentations, etc.). Proven scientific track record in early drug discovery projects will be an advantage.
- Strong expertise in in vivo tumor models, immunology techniques such as primary cell isolation, setting-up immune cell-based assays (ex vivo stimulation of immune cells, suppression assays, antigen recall assays for example) and advanced flow cytometry are indispensable.
- Additional molecular cell biology/immunology techniques (ELISA/MSD/Luminex, (single) gene expression analysis or CRISPR-based genomic screening tools) as well as cell-based assays for drug discovery are of added value.
- Passionnate about Science and committed to rigorous data analyses and interpretation.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence while being also a team player.
- Very open-minded and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Dedicated and detail-oriented, a strong sense of time management and a good ability to adapt to changes in priorities and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Excellent command of English (oral and written).
- A stimulating position within a high-potential innovative biotech company.
- The opportunity to work in a science-driven, dynamic, human‐sized, respectful and professional environment.
- A challenging scientific and business growth environment where you are empowered to apply and develop your knowledge and skills as part of a talented and highly engaged global team.
- An attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.